Monday, September 21, 2009

Another Moxie Fab Challenge

Hello all!

This time the challenge was to create something that incorporates some kind of household item as the focal point. My first card uses the bike image from PTI Everyday Button Bits... To create the wheels, I punch circle from grey cardstock and then stitched the blue buttons on top of the circles. "Enjoy" was stamped in grey ink onto an orange punched circle and adhered behind the main image and ribbon. The rest of the sentiment "the ride" was stamped in cream ink at the bottom of the card.

The second card uses a coffee cup from PTI Warm Happiness. This is a new color combo to me. I had scraps of Aqua, burgundy, brown, kraft and cream laying out on my work space and thought they looked very pretty and warm together, perfect to pair with Warm Happiness.
Using my new border punch on this one, Upper Crest by Fiskers. I have been looking and looking for this one, dying to get my hand on it. The day I finally found it I almost didn't see it. It was in the wrong spot and behind other punches, I had been very desperate by this time and decided to look through each and every border punch. Good thing I did, I would have never seen it if I had not.
Anyways, onto the card... Stamped the circle and kraft strip with the tiny polka dots from PTI Polka Dot Basics II (I just love those little guys! He,he!) in burgundy and cream inks. The buttons were strung onto the twine and then I wrapped the twine around the card and the circle, held it in place with tape on the back side of the circle.

Boy am I cutting it close on this one, the deadline is at the end of the hour!

Oh, thank you all for your wonderful comments on my Embellish Challenge card. I really had a lot of fun making that one and it really means so much that you all are enjoying it too! I hope you all have a chance to participate. Thanks for visiting today, hope you enjoyed!

Maile


Enjoy The Ride: (All PTI unless noted)

  • Stamps: Everyday Button Bits & Background Basics: Retro
  • Ink: Summer Sunrise, Vintage Cream (for the sentiment) & SU Going Grey
  • Cardstock: White, Summer Sunrise & SU Going Grey
  • Accessories: Spring Rain Twill Ribbon and Vintage Buttons, DMC Floss, Fiskers Apron Lace Border Punch & Circle Punches

Coffee: (All PTI unless noted)

  • Stamps: Warm Happiness & Polka Dot Basics II
  • Ink: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate & Burgundy
  • Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream & Core'dinations Burgundy
  • Accessories: Dark Choc & Aqua Mist Vintage Buttons, Twine, Fiskers Upper Crest Border Punch & Circle Punch.

28 comments:

  1. These are stunning again Maile - I think my love for the apron punch has from you too - every project you use it on is amazing :D

    The colours I epsecially like from both cards today - thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute! love the PTI stamps, I especially like the warm happiness set, I think I need to get it, love the versatility of the stamp and the way you used it on the card!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are DA BOMB! Love them...so fresh-looking and great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super sweet cards maile...they are both fabbie for the mfw challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhh!! Love these cards. So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous! Love your layouts, and the colors are so fun! You're totally rocking those mini-polkas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and me both girl! I just barely got mine done too! Plus I had one of those "Nothing Goes Right" nights! Your cards are fantastic as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the colors on the first one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! These cards are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute. Love that the bike wheels are paper with a button in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One word- AMAZING. I LOVE that edge punch, I have had my eye on that along with the scallop lace one and others. Both of your cards are so cute! Definitely winners!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them both! Love the color combos! I am addicted to my Upper Crest punch too, isn't it fantastic?! :)
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the polka dot card below-WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dunno how you do it, seriously, you're goooooood at this card makin' stuff:) pure genious:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both wonderful cards! I especially love all the little dots on the second card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maile, I can't say enough how much I love your cards!! These are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both beautiful Maile! Love the blue, sunrise and grey combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love both of them!! Love the grey circles on the wheels...it really helps define them... and great dp too :) The coffee one is close to my heart :) Love the polka dots and the way you work with twine :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the bicycle card! I just played with this stamp....hope you don't mind if I use your idea of using the circles with the buttons! That was such a genius idea! Love these clean card designs. Now I'm gonna check out the rest of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are FANTASTIC! Winners for sure! Especially the bicycle card... I love grey so much! Fab!

    *Sarah Martina*
    http://sarahmartina.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute cards!!! LOVE the colors on the bike!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS