Friday, September 18, 2009

Going Gray

Hello my friends and happy Friday! Just playing around some more with my Heart Prints stamps set, I really don't use this set enough. The color gray is something I don't use often enough either. I love how it adds a softness to the color combo.

The card is created with a gray card base, the flourish was stamped in gray ink and then added a few tiny hearts in raspberry ink. Attached a raspberry apron lace border and wrapped it with black floss. Embellished the card with a polka dot heart, button and twine. Then finished it with a "XOXO" in the rounded corner.
So what do you think... Could this pass as a wedding card for the CAS32 Challenge?

Did you see the new Polka Dot Paradise Color Challenge over at Embellish Magazine? What a fabulous color combo! I do hope to give it a go today. I've decided to make the best of a weekend spent at home (instead of camping) and create! We will probably take a day trip to somewhere on Saturday.

Anyways, hope you have a fun weekend! I'm very glad you stopped by today, hope you enjoyed!

Maile


"XOXO": (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Heart Prints
  • Ink: Raspberry Fizz, True Black & SU Going Grey
  • Cardstock: White, Raspberry Fizz & SU Going Grey
  • Accessories: Raspberry Fizz Vintage Button, DMC Floss, Apron Lace Border Punch & Corner Rounder

30 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Maile! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning! I love the grey here. Need to try and use that more- or at all! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty! Love the flourish with the polka dots. I'd never have thought of that, but it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Wonderful for a wedding or even valentines day. Love that flourish with the little hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the card is fab Maile! I like the colors and def makes for a great wedding card! I really really need to use some of my PTI stamps I bought, including the swirls set! Have fun creating, can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I LOVE this! Its a great layout and has lots of interest but still simple! LOVE the gray on white and then pink hearts...Very sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all-around awesome! Love the layout, the colors, the images, everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this totally could be a wedding card...I too have discovered how great "grey" can be...on cards, not my head!! LOL I'm on the colour challenge for Embellish too...LOVE the combo :) I have 2 cards in mind that I sketched out while we were in the library today and the librarian was reading to the kids!! LOL...shhhhhh! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog today...Dawn must've took pity on my and how long it took me to place 3 small pieces of paper on a cardbase!!!! LOL, LOL! Have a great weekend designing....ooh, I love this card...just had to say it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours you used together in this card, they work well together. Very cute how you stamped the hearts near the florish stamp. Beautiful card Maile.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card Maile, I love the grey ink too and the touches of the little hearts look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty color combo - so elegant! I love the pop of pink, too

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Maile! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning, I know I say that a lot at your blog, but it's true

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card, and I DID see the challenge at embellish, hope to try it, too! Hope you have a fun trip today:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Maile, I LOVE this!! Soo pretty! And it definitely would work great for a wedding card! As always... very nicely done girl!! Ohh, I am really excited about what Ashley Newell has started with Embellish!! I really hope to be able to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. By the way, did I mention I really love this color combo?? This was pretty much my wedding colors, minus the gray. Well, I did have silver sparkle shoes and a tiara, maybe that counts?? Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the button and the XOXO in the corner. Grey is also a nice touch, it make a very pretty card:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card. It could definitely be a wedding card, v-day card, just because, or an anniversary card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. absolutely perfect wedding card...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is a very pretty card. You are right, the grey really gives a softness to it. I love the little hearts stamped around the flourish!! Thanks for the link to the color challenge...what a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the little hearts added into the swirl, the colors, the rounded corner -- everything! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous! Love the colors!! You amaze me, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty! I think it could pass for a wedding card. If it didn't have those nice swirls, I would say probably not, but you are totally right about the softness it brings. Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful!! I was playing with Heart Prints last night-it is a wonderful set! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS