Saturday, July 21, 2012

Stamper’s First-Aid

Hello and welcome!  So happy to have you join me agian on this very special Papertrey Ink Stamp-A-Faire event day!  I truly hope each of you have been enjoying today's festivities!  

Many of you PTI fans out there have already submitted an assortment of creations to the Stamper's First-Aid event.  Here are the details quoted from Nichole's blog...

"Customers should post a link to a project that they have created in the past that they felt needed just a *little* something; a project that needs a diagnosis for one reason or another. Each DT member will select a project to give "first-aid" to and re-make the project, making changes that they feel benefit the project while staying true to your original concept. All of the team members "made-over" projects will be highlighted Saturday night and each of the customer's who had a card selected will win a $25 PTI gift certificate."

The card I have chosen to work with was created by Pamela.  Check out her adorable card above and on her blog here (in fact... check out her entire blog while you're there, you'll get an eye full of amazing inspiration). While viewing everyone's submission, I couldn't help but be drawn to Pamela's card.  I knew instantly what the *little* something was that she felt it needed.
Pamela's card truly needs no changes; but with her card as inspiration, I knew right a way that I could re-make the project and utilized the same features to create a simple card with a strong focal point. 
I began by trimming a 1/4" from the edge of an A2 card base, making the new measurements to be 4" x 5 1/2".  Here's A Tip: I often edit my card bases in this way, I feel it gives the base of a layout a more longer and leaner look.
I then took the same overall pattern and condensed it into a single die cut Mat Stack #4, helping to draw the eye to the focal point.  Here's A Tip: In the photo above I've given you an idea of how I play around with dies and stamps before actually putting them into action.  
Once I was happy with the arrangement, I die cut the Beautiful Butterflies die from the pattern paper.  Then temporarily adhered it into place before I stamped the Trendy Tree Tops sentiment.  Here's A Tip: By keeping my die cutting and stamping with in the Mat Stack, I am creating a strong single focal point that's sure to stand out amongst all the white space.
I then trimmed off the excess and mounted the Mat Stack onto the card base with dimensional adhesive.
Pamela's original card features a wrapping of twine, so I incorporated that same embellishment onto mine as well.  Here's A Tip:  At the crease of a top fold card, pierce holes for perfect placement of your twine.  Thread the twine through and tie.
Now, the finishing touch... I do love the felt heart embellishment, but I opted to switch things up and add a button.

Well, there you have it.  I hope you've enjoyed this "make-over" and that I've given each and every one of you a few useful tidbits of info.  Also, thank you Pamela for such an inspiring original piece and I hope I've made you proud.

Now, head over to Nichole Heady's blog for all the details about this challenge and all the other festivities for today. And be sure to stop by the design team girls' blogs to see their takes on this challenge too!
Have a wonderful Stamp-A-Faire day, so glad you could stop by!

Maile


Hello You Card

9 comments:

  1. YES! I thought if my card needed help, it would definitely be Maile :) Thanks for making it super pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Maile! Thank you for sharing your tips... especially the one about trimming a 1/4" from the edge. That's exactly what I needed to know to give my card a little something extra wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic post, Maile! I've loved all the useful tips, thanks for sharing them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the insight. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Maile :) Love all the photographs and tips. Love how your version is a "reverse" of Pamela's pretty card " :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waw tihs is so pretty. And thank you for the lovely presentation. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card to do a fix on. It was already so neat, but love the cutting down, and flipping colors.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and sweet. Really shows off the sentiment well. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Along with everything else on the card, I totally love the white twine embellishment! Have never seen white twine in any of the stores and what I do see in the hardware store is ecru. Which is neat, but not white. Can you please share with us where you got this twine and what brand it is?

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS