Friday, July 13, 2012

Shutterbug Special

Hello and welcome to the fourth day of the Papertrey Ink July Countdown and the first Design Team group post. Today's post is all about the new Shutterbug Special stamp set and dies. For today's assignment we bring you two types of projects... one card application and one scrapbook application using Shutterbug Special

Honestly, I first shuttered at the idea of having to create a scrapbook layout or project (as you may know, scrapbooking almost never happens around here) but as it turns out... I truly enjoyed it!  I've adored working with this adorable set and I found the gorgeously detailed camera image so inspiring that I've created a bunch of projects to share with you today.  So, let me get started...
First, lets begin with (gasp!) the scrapbook layout.  I chose to work with an 8 1/2" X 11" size (only because I currently do not own and 12" x 12" sheet of cardstock.  Shocking... I know).
As per my usual style... I kept things simple.  I grouped all the elements together, creating a visual flow across the mid section of the layout.  The colors are simple too, allowing the photo to truly shine and become a strong focal point. 
I began the layout by stamping a cardstock strip with the camera image and sentiment in Smokey Shadow ink.  I then trimmed the panel into three strips and adhered with dimensional adhesive.
I trimmed the photo to a 3 3/4" square, rounded the bottom right corner and attached with dimensional adhesive.  Behind the photo I attached an interactive tab stamped with "Pull Here".
The tab pulls out to reveal a bit of useful info and a date.  This is a photo from our camping trip a couple of weeks ago.  As the sentiment implies... a happy time for sure!
Here's How: The pull-out tab was simple to make.  It only took a few pieces of dimensional adhesive to holed it into place.  Two pieces, one per side, as a guide. Another at the bottom edge as a stop, to keep it from disappearing behind the picture permanently (you can find more info on this die and how it works at Nichole's blog).  I carefully set the pull-out tab into place as I was layering the page pieces together.  Then finished the layout with a few well placed buttons.

Now, how about we move onto more familiar territory... cards!
This friendly little card features a kraft panel stamped with the camera image three times, in a color combo of Orange Zest, Hawaiian Shores & Berry Sorbet.  Which is attached to a kraft card base.
I used the pull-out tab as a perfect spot for my chosen sentiment... die cut, stamp, attach and trim.  Then finished the card off with a few Smokey Shadow buttons.
Feeling inspired by the trimmed image from the above layout, I again chose to work with three panels.  This time around I went with a bit more color... Aqua Mist, Melon Berry & Spring Moss.
Mounted the panels over some Smokey Shadow pattern paper and finished the card off with a few matching buttons.
Last, but definitely not lease...  a sweet and innocent little number.  This one features a little surprise, but I'll get to that in a bit.  I began by attaching an Aqua Mist pattern paper strip to the left edge of a Rustic White card base and rounded the bottom corner.
I then impressed the camera die into a matching Rustic White cardstock panel and carefully (using a sharp kraft knife) cut open the designated slit at the bottom of the camera.
And for the little surprise... within the slit, I inserted this bright and loving message.  I chose to use Summer Sunrise and Canyon Clay inks on the pull-out tab, giving the recipient of this card a little unexpected pop of color.

Well, there you have it. I hope you've enjoyed! Just remember that both the Shutterbug Special stamp set and dies will be available beginning July 15, at Papertrey Ink. Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile



Never Too Much Happy Layout


True Friends Card



Say Cheese & Eat Cake Card



You And I Just Click Card

7 comments:

  1. Your layout is precious, Maile! True to your style and wonderful as are all your cards today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your modern take on this vintage style camera. So fresh and eye-catching. Congrats on making a scrapbook page...anymore of those in your future? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it in soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors! Love what you did with the camera set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should definitely scrapbook more, Maile! The layout is FANTASTIC and the cards are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity of all these projects - especially the black and white page with the pop of color from the photo!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS