Sunday, July 1, 2012

Signature Series Revisited

Hey everyone! Thanks for joining me today, for the July Papertrey Ink Senior DT challenge. This time around we are bringing back the Signature Series! These mini stamp sets are definitely fun!  Dawn's gorgeous handwriting is one in a million and this collection is one you don't want to live without. I chose to work with Signature Series: Cupcake for today's project. Here are a couple sweet treats that I came up with...
It all began with these cuties!  Using an embossing technique I featured earlier here, heat embossing on color cardstock, I quickly assembled a fun assortment of glossy cupcakes.  I love how these turned out and I am especially please with how well the word "sweet" shows up when using this simple technique.
I used a few of the sweet cupcakes from above to create this simple but scrumptious card.  These cupcakes were created using Harvest Gold, Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet cardstock.
I began by stamping the sentiment, than arranged and attached a sweet stack of cupcakes up from the base of a white card base.  Finished the card off with a button and a ribbon bow.
Next up, a bit of "Kissing" mixed in with "Heat Embossing" two techniques that I love.  You can find a How-To tutorial here for reference.  I began this card by pressing the Sunrise impression plate onto a white cardstock panel and then attached that panel, using dimensional adhesive, onto a white card base.  Loving the white on white texture difference here! 
This sweet cupcake began as a Sweet Blush die cut.  I then inked up the coordinating cupcake stamp image with Versamark and kissed it onto a Berry Sorbet inked up Bitty Background Block polka dot stamp.  Then heat set, using clear embossing powder.  Attached it to the center of the background and finished the card off with a button.

Well, that's it from me today. Now be sure to visit the other Papertrey Ink Senior Design Team girls for more Signature Series goodness...
Thanks for stopping by today!
Maile


My Sweet Friend Card



Sweet Cupcake Card

9 comments:

  1. Waw this is beautiful! Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaah, so pretty, Maile! Your style is just phenomenal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing cards! i just went back to look at your tip post, and i love the idea of kissing with clear emboss. i cant wait to try! thanks!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maille your cards always, always, always inspire me! Love this post and how you used this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun CAS cards! Your designs are always so original and creative. I love what you do, Maile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I am in LOVE with that second card! The sunrise impression plate looks divine with that scrumptious cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely cards Maile! I love the embossing! I just got an embossing gun and will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS