Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fabulous Frames and Mega Gracious Vases Day Five


Welcome to the final day of the Papertrey Ink July Countdown and the second design team group post day. This time around we bring you Fabulous Frames and dies.  Just like yesterdays group post, for today's assignment we bring you two types of projects... one card application and one scrapbook application using Fabulous Frames.   I am extremely pleased with the way my projects turned out. Let me share... 
First up, the scrappy project. I chose to create a Polaroid style mini photo flip book.  Which features photos of our adventures from our last vacation.  Below you will find a shot of each page...
Under the first flap is a layered frame, created using images from Fabulous Frames, which includes info such as what, where and a date.  I worked with a simple color combo of Kraft, Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss and Smokey Shadow.  I'll let the remainder of the page photos do the talking themselves.
That fish look almost as big as my son!
The cover look is continued from the front to the back.  The last little feature is a date plate, simply stamped and die cut the frame, stamped it with "date:", filled in the proper info (with some more of my sloppy handwriting, lol) and attached.  Please Note:  I'll share the how to info below, but beware... it includes many more pictures.  So, scroll down when you are ready.

Moving onto the cards.  These next two feature both Fabulous Frames and Mega Gracious Vases...
This card all began with that fabulous frame.  I just love it!!!
To achieve a lighter shade of gray for my vase, I inked it in Smokey Shadow ink, stamped the vase first onto scrap paper and then onto the Rustic White card base.  Next, I layered a Signature Greeting II sentiment on top.  Layered the frame, the flowers and a button... then called it done. Oh, almost forgot, these flowers were stamped in Sweet Blush, Summer Sunrise and Canyon Clay.  Love them!
Moving onto card number two.  I knew I wanted a huge pop of color, so I stamped the die cut Fabulous Frames frame in Orange Zest.
Within the frame I stamped a Soft Stone vase (from Mega Gracious Vases) and a few Garden Variety II blossoms.  Finished the card of with a sentiment tab (sentiment from Framed Out #6) and a couple Smokey Shadow buttons. Bright, but easy on the eyes.

Last but not lease, the mini flip book how-to...
Here's How: It all begans with this accordion style strip.  Cut the strip to 11" x 2 3/4" and score at every 1 1/2".  Depending on the amount of photos, you may need to add an extension like I did in the photo above.
Now, die cut a ton of Polaroid style frames (using the Fabulous Frames dies). Not the funnest part, I know.
Trim and attach photos. Once complete, arrange into the proper order. Good To Know: Arrange your photos backwards, you will need to begin by attaching the last photo and continue working back to front.  Here's A Tip: If you choose to do so, now is a great time to embellish each one.
Attach the first photo to the end of the accordion folded strip.  Here's Another Tip:  When attaching the photos make sure there is a slight gap at the accordion folds, this allows your book to fold flatter.  If you take a close look in the photo above, you can see how I've left about a 1/16" of space at the top of the frame.
Attach the second photo just above the first, like so.
Fold the first two photos together and attach the third on top.  Continue in this fashion until complete.
Once all photo are attached, you will need to close up the gaps pictured above.  Simply tuck in a piece of adhesive and press down.
Your book will then look like this!  Now all you need is a cover.  I trimmed my cover to 9" x 3 1/8" and scored (from both ends) at 4 1/4".
Wrap the cover around the book and adhered on the backside.  All done!  Now embellish to your liking.

Well, there you have it. I hope you've enjoyed! Just remember that both the Fabulous Frames and Mega Gracious Vases (and their coordinating dies) will be available beginning July 15, at Papertrey Ink. Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile

20 comments:

  1. All your release projects have been fabulous, but the mini-book is over the top! Thanks for the directions! I know I'll be making several of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only hope at this point is that PTI ordered more than enough of these new stamp sets!!! I love, love this little book, album! Thanks for the "how-to". Maile, pairing The Sweet Life with your Mega Gracious Vases is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini album is a great idea, it just might get me started scrapping some recent trips! Love your flower card too, great dimension and color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects but I love the little album......think I 'll be trying one of these! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Maile! i love your flip book! Your cards are so beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial - would definitely try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flip book mini album is awesome. And I'm SO appreciative of the step-by-step tips and photos. I can't wait to try it out myself. It's a very cool way to do a mini book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maile this are all beautiful projects. Love them all. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic mini book, thank you for the extra photographs,showing how to make it :) Exquisite work, Maile - feel so very inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your minibook is something to treasure-- thanks for sharing the instructions... and your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. tout est magnifique !! j'adore j'adore et merci pour le tuto !! bisous !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice cards! Like your vacation mini album, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely love the polaroid mini album!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! Made my own version using this technique. Turned out wonderfully! I am making this my go to Mini album technique! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. so nice and thanks for the tuto !

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks , It´s fantastic, easy and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent!!! Thank you for partage… Hugs of France

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found your cute album, super great idea. Perfect for what I need to do!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS