Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tranquility Trilogy

Hello all! Today is the second Group Post day at Papertrey Ink. This time around each of us, on the design team, are showcasing the set Tranquility Trilogy, that Nichole Heady designed. This is yet another unique and innovative set that's coming out for the month of July, and it's a stunner!

For today's project I've created a wedding/engagement gift ensemble, let me share it with you...

A family friend has recently gotten engaged. She's getting married later this year and I've gladly accepted to help make the wedding invitations. Today's Tranquility Trilogy group post gave me the jumpstart I needed to assemble the perfect engagement gift just for her, a set of monogrammed cards. She isn't much into the flowery scenes, but she is going for more of a simple and elegant theme. I love how Tranquility Trilogy is the perfect fit for her sophisticated style.The card I've included in today's ensemble is perfect for the wedding. When I started creating today's ensemble, my intentions were to make this as a wedding gift. Thus, the wedding card. But this design could work perfectly as an engagement card as well, which is what I will give her along with the box of cards. I know she can use them now to thank those special people who are helping her along with the whole wedding process or possibly to her wedding party. Anyways, sorry for any confusion.The continued theme of this ensemble is the use of these gorgeous Tranquility Trilogy triangles in a heat embossed form. I started the card by stamping the sentiment (from Congrats All Ways) in True Black. I then stamped the top and bottom of the card with the triangles in Versamark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Embellished with a few black rhinestones and black silk ribbon.

Here's A Tip: Something new I've been trying, since creating my Papertrey Ink release cards this month, is heat embossing patterns or images over a sentiment using clear embossing powder. I'm really loving the look of layers and the texture that it adds. Check out that shine in the photo above! It's a great way to keep the design simple, yet it adds a ton of interest at the same time.Now, onto the gift. I started by assembling a Papertrey Ink Clearly Creative Card Box. This is the first time I've use a Papetrey Ink card box and I love the quality of these! They are unlike any others I have worked with before. I then began to decorate with an embossed box wrap to match (this sentiment is included in Tranquility Trilogy). For an added touch of elegance, once all was packed inside, I wrapped the box with ribbon as well.

Here's what's inside! These monogrammed cards are so simple, yet so striking at the same time. I've assembled five cards to fit into the box along with five envelopes.I simply started by stamping the "D" in the center of a white cardstock strip, in True Black, and let the ink dry completely. I then stamped the triangle images in Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then attached the strip, with dimensional adhesive, to a white card base. Super easy, and I think the Bride-to-be will love them for sure!Check out the assortment. Each monogrammed card is unique and they each features a different triangle design.

Goodness, this Tranquility Trilogy set is stunning! Nichole never ceases to amaze, now does she?! Well, that's it from me today. Be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...

Thanks for stopping by!

Maile


Congrats To The New Couple Card:

Happily Ever After Box & Wrap:

Monogrammed Cards:

24 comments:

  1. I really like the simple modern design you did on this card set. Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...wow! Simply elegant and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, wow! That's all I can say - this is so beyond beautiful! Classy, elegant, stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black and white never looked so good. I was going to pass on this set, but your elegant cards have convinced me otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the most elegant cards. Your friend will be proud to send a note on these cards. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous and stylish, Maile!! Love the paper and ribbon and beautiful embossing that you used for this card! It's simple, but absolutely perfect!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your engagement gift will surely be well-received! Not only thoughtful but elegant and beautiful! Your creative project exemplifies Nicole's new set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so elegant and beautiful! Love the idea of stamping and layering with the clear embossing powder...need to try that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZA, Maile! These are so amazing and elegant...just like the sophisticated designs you would buy at a stationery store! A perfect gift set for a bride, sooooo cooool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely elegant! Your friend is lucky to have you creating for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stunning, Maile! Beautiful idea for using the Tranquility Trilogy in a different way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful gift set and card! I love that you used a different stamp on each card in the set. Thanks for the tip on clear embossing over the sentiment or monogram. I will certainly use that one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning .... love love love this gift set, simple elegant and oh so chic!!!
    I think i like this new set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning set! I love the embossed triangles. Your work always inspires me!


    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is fantastic! So elegant yet simple at the same time. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Stunning. Absolutely Beautiful! Elegant. Exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are elegant and sophisticated, a joy for the eyes and heart! YOU, too, never cease to amaze me, you are a gifted artist in every sense of the word. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so elegant! i wasn't convinced to get this set until now. i also really like the embossing over the stamped image. thank you for sharing this.
    debbie
    eastshorelanedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card and set is simply elegantly beautiful! I am still in awww over how beautiful it is! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. wowser, Maile!!
    your creations are amazzzzing!!!!
    truly inspired by the heat emboss thingy that you did! Will definitely have a go myself!
    thank you so...much for the inspiration
    Big Hugz....

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS