Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Background Basics: Vines Day Four

Hello there! It's day four of the Papertrey Ink Countdown and I've got some more projects to share with you today that showcases my newest set Background Basics: Vines. Today is also a group post day, in case you missed it, be sure to check out my first post of today here.

Now, how about some more Background Basics: Vines...
You may recognize the design of this first card. That's because it's a much brighter version of a card I shared with you at the beginning of the countdown, here. This time, I stamped the vines in True Black onto a white card base and then colored each open leaf with a fun assortment of brightly colored Copic markers. Finished it off with a sentiment from Make A Wish and a ribbon bow.My last card of the day uses a familiar color combo of Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise & Orange Zest (I really can't get enough of these juicy colors). Stamped the solid vine border in each color, cut them out and attached them together with a separate piece of cardstock behind all three strips. Stamped a sentiment and butterfly trail (from Happy Trails) over the card base and the vine border panel.I then die cut a Signature Series: Butterfly from the vine border panel and attached it to the card base with dimensional adhesive. To finish the card off, I embellished with a Harvest Gold Love Lives Here butterfly die cut and button.

Don't forget that all of the new goodies you're getting peeks at this week will be available for purchase at Papertrey Ink, beginning on June 15.

That's it from me today, but be sure to visit Nichole Heady as well as Lisa Johnson, Heather Nichols and Melissa Bickford for even more Countdown inspiration today!

Thanks for stopping by!

Maile

Birthday Wishes:

Smile:

17 comments:

  1. Wow...I love what you did with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very beautiful! Love those stamps. The way you did the swirl on Smile is sooo cool! LOVE that butterfly and the cut out. FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw!!!! That first card just blew me away! these colors here are stunning, I love it!! It's so gorgeous. Maile!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I'm lovin this set more and more each day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That butterfly card is marvellous and I love the colors. And that first card is wonderful too.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the colors are so pretty! I love the backgrounds you create Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!! this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Maile. Love the vine die. Think I will be using it alot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I often wonder why I go to any other blog but yours!! Your clean and simple yet beautiful stamping style is just what I love and hope to create with my cards. Thank you so much for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you did the small butterfly in the cutout of the larger butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Especially love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this was a great day for cards! I LOVE what you have done.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG love love love the vine colored with COPICS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am impressed by your cards as i think there was possibility of choosing the bow colors for the card and i like the butterfly cuts in your second card. thanks for the tip and best of luck.

    Plastic Cards
    Plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS