Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Half & Half

Hello all! And welcome to this months first Papertrey Ink group post. Today we, the design team, bring you samples featuring Half & Half and its coordinating die collection, all designed by Nichole Heady. Be sure to visit Nichole's blog today for all the details.

This set includes a few fun decorative strips, strip embellishments and coordinating strip dies. We will be sharing with you a number of ways to incorporate these strips horizontally and vertically, through our projects for today. So let me get started....I kept things calm and serene for today, by using Lisa Johnson's newest set Peaceful Garden, polka dot pattern paper from the Pacific Vinyard pattern paper collection and a soothing color combo of Fine Linen, Rustic White and Ripe Avocado.First, the vertical version. You may notice that this card looks a little different from the group photo above. Well that's because I made a slight change after I took the photo. But I think that change made a world of difference. I started by die cutting a Half & Half strip from the pattern paper and adhered it to the card base with dimensional adhesive.I then cut a sentiment square to fit and attached it over the strip. Then embellished with a row of buttons and twine. And my afterthought was to add a Leafy Vine Border die cut above and below the sentiment strip.

Lastly, a horizontal version. Started this card by stamping a Rustic White cardstock block with the bamboo image, from Peaceful Garden, in Ripe Avocado.
To make this Half & Half strip appear to be wrapped around the card base, I attached a small piece behind the right side of the bamboo panel. Then attached the decorative edge of the Half & Half die cut onto the left side of the bamboo panel. Stamped and attached a sentiment strip and then wrapped the end with twine and a button.


I sure had a pleasant time creating today's project, I hope you enjoyed! That's it from me, but for even more Half & Half fun be sure to see what the rest of the design team has been up to...

Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!

Maile

True Friends:

Grateful For You:

11 comments:

  1. Your cards are stunning! The colors you used are great. The vine die cut makes a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your cards are beyond amazing. I love these colors and how soft they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be sure to try these layouts. As always, your cards go beyond the beyond, Maile! You're one of my fave PTI DT members (along with Nichole, Betsy and Jessica). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards Maile! Especially the card with bamboo. I liked the extra touches with the wrapped twine and how you made it seemed like the Half & Half tag was wrapped around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! The look amazing. Love those new stamps and dies. Great lay-outs. Fab job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!! This looks great combined with your new border die! Very nice and I also love the way you put a string and a button around it, like it was made for it!! Very nice cards!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. I like that half and half die already.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treat to see the before and after of that card. You're right, the addition of the border takes it up a notch. Beautiful colors here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE how you used the 1/2 and 1/2. They look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cards! I can't believe how awesome Half and Half is, and Peaceful Garden and Vines and...it's all great:)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS