Saturday, July 23, 2011

PTI Stamp-A-Faire Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the Papertrey Ink Stamp-A-Faire Design Team Blog Hop! For those of us who are all stuck at home and unable to make it to the event, no worries, there are still a number of ways for us to be included in today happenings. Like today's Design Team Blog Hop! We, the design team, are bringing you samples of the FREE limited edition stamp set, Iconic Images. Iconic Images will be available, for free, to anyone who places an order of $100 (or more) between 9am EST, July 23rd and 11:59 pm EST, July 24th. Please refer to Nichole Heady's blog for all the details.

Also, be sure to stay tuned into Nichole Heady's blog, she will be doing several giveaways and challenges through out today. Some of the prizes offered up will include this gorgeous set, Iconic Images.

I love a good timeless look, whether it be through an outfit, home decor or especially a stamp set. Iconic Images is exactly that, a set full of wonderfully timeless and classic images that I can turn to time and time again. It's a look that will never be "out of style" and looks great no matter what style I'm going for that day.
It's also a set perfect to pair with a number of techniques. For my project today I've taken a couple images and inked them up in different shades to achieve a two-toned look.
I've paired Iconic Images with Background Basics: Vines to create the card base. Using the double vine stamp strip, I inked up one side with Spring Moss, then the other side with Simply Chartreuse and stamped onto a Rustic White card base. This technique adds a bit more interest to this simple background stamping.For a bit more of a realistic look, I applied the same two-toned look by inking the Iconic Images pitcher in Summer Sunrise and Orange Zest inks. Stamped it onto Rustic White cardstock and cut it out. I then stamped a die cut Half & Half strip with the stems and flowers, attached the pitcher and adhered the strip to the card base with dimensional adhesive. Stamped an Iconic Images sentiment, in True Black, and embellished with an Orange Zest button and Silk Ribbon.

Well, that's it from me today. Don't forget to check in with Nichole for a whole lot of Stamp-A-Faire fun. And be sure to see what the rest of the PTI girls have in store for you today...

Thanks for stopping by!

Maile



Thinking Of You Today And Always: (card measures 4" x 4")

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Lisa! I agree...love this vase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooops! Sorry, Mailes! Forgot where I was! I KNOW your work...and LOVE it! You always inspire me! So much excitement today -- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the vase looks amazing and I really like the pairing of it with your vines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maile, I really love the two toned look; gorgeous as per usual!! Can't wait to get my hands on the vine set and die ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Love the rich color and the button on the vase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and so peaceful looking. It really does look as though time stood still. I'm in my grandmother's kitchen, the table in the middle of the room and your pitcher and flowers are sitting on a tablecloth with green vines stitched down the middle. What a memory you have evoked! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beuatiful...vintage...great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card: two beautiful colors: green and orange. The two tone stamping really adds to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is SO oerfect. Love the way you inked the pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beautiful cards, I love them all :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so fabulous, Maile!! I got that stamp set at Stamp-a-faire!!! Yes, I was one of the lucky 200 and travelled all the way from BC, Canada to meet Dawn and Nichole and all the other wonderful ladies on your DT...my only wish was that you were there too :) Maybe next year? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and its looking too much lovely....


    plastic cards
    clear business cards

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS