Monday, July 11, 2011

Background Basics: Vines Day Three

It's day three of the Papertrey Ink countdown and not only do I get to share more samples using Background Basics: Vines with you today, but today's samples feature something else I've designed for this month. I'm super excited to bring to my very first die design!!!...The Leafy Vine Border Die! This die offers up a fun element to the Background Basics: Vines stamp set or to any of your own creations as well. Join me for a look...Here's the die in action, as a vine border. I die cut the border from Spring Moss cardstock, stamped with polka dots, from Polka Dot Basics II, in Ripe Avocado.Attached a Picnic Plaid impressed kraft panel to the top of the card base. Then stamped a Fillable Frames #4 die cut with a Flower Fusion #6 sentiment, trimmed and attached. I then used the polka dot vine border to cover the seem. Attached a Flower Fusion #6 die cut and stamped flower and then embellished with a couple Orange Zest buttons and a green rhinestone.Here's the die in action, as a flower stem. I started the card by stamping an images from Background Basics: Vines in Fresh Snow ink onto a Soft Stone card base. This detail was hard for me to capture in a photo...so here's a close up shot. It's much easier to see in person.
I used the remainder of the Leafy Vine Border Die die cut from above to create this polka dot flower stem. I attached it directly to the card base and then embellished the top with an Aqua Mist medium Beautiful Blooms II #3 die cut flower, an Aqua Mist button and a silk ribbon bow. Then finished it off with a sentiment.

This die truly has a number of use!! I hope you've enjoyed my fun news today. Please, let me know what you think, I'd love to hear!

Now, be sure to check out what else is happening today... Nichole Heady will be sharing more Background Basics: Vines with you as well as join Lisa Johnson in sharing Peaceful Garden samples. And Heather Nichols and Melissa Bickford have more of their new set too.

Also, be sure to tune in to Nichole Heady's blog today for all the details on the sale of this little die.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile


I Thank You!:

Hello Friend:

18 comments:

  1. Wow!! This die is truly beautiful!!! What a great design you have done!! Congratulations on seeing your work come to such stunning fruition ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous!!! you are such an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely, great die! That second card is wonderful with the fresh snow on soft stone.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo...this die looks like lots of fun!!! Beautiful projects, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first die how exciting! I love the versatility this brings to make vines in patterned papers! How fun is that! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards again today!! I really love that vine: it looks so versatile!! And the die is just great too!! This is a set for my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wauw! There's a die with the stamps this month!! That's so perfect, I love it!! I see many possibilities with this one, already looking forward to playing with it!!! Amazing card with you, Maile! Sooo pretty!!
    Wishing you a lovely day and I'm already looking forward to new cards tomorrow!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the stamps; I LOVE the die! Combined ... my, oh my! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man...you never cease to amaze me with your style, Maile! I am coming to realize that I CANNOT live without your stamp sets...is there a therapy group around??
    My name is Sonia, and I am addicted to stamps...(and paper, and ink, and dies...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe that border die!! Cute cards, Maile:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun set this is! Loving all the cards made with it AND the die to match is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that die! Congrats on your first die design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *click* This just went into my cart! ;)
    This is just fabulous, Maile! Sure to be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous works, Maile! Love the white card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are fabulous, I LOVE the simplicity and strong statement that they make. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Must have that die. Must. That's all there is to it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant die, Maile and such pretty cards :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh. my. goodness. Your last three posts reflect the many ways we can use your new background vines. You make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS