Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Background Basics: Vines Day Five

Yay! It's day five of the Papertrey Ink Countdown! And that means.... all that you've seen peeks of these past few days (Background Basics: Vines & the Leafy Vine Border Die) will be available tomorrow, July 15th, at Papertrey Ink.

Also, since today is the second Group Post day of this Countdown week, check out my first post of the day, here.

I've got a couple more cards to share with you for today...

For this bright little number, I started by die cutting one of the Half & Half dies from a white cardstock panel. Then rounded the corners of the die cut panel, impressed it with the Woodgrain Impression Plate and attached it to a white card base.Die cut and attached a True Black Leafy Vine Border across the card. Do you recognize this little fluttery butterfly? He was left over from one of yesterdays cards, here. He was perfect for today's card. So, I lined up his little cut wing with the borders of the die cut panel and attached him within the die cut opening. Finished the card off with a sentiment from Little Labels and a True Black button. And lastly, a sweet and simple thank you card. I stamped a kraft card base (card base measuring 5 1/2" X 3 3/4") with a vine border in Fresh Snow ink. Colored the open leaves with a few Copic markers.Using a die cut and impressed Half & Half scrap from the card above, I embellished the left edge of the card base. I then topped it with a button and a silk ribbon bow. Finished the card off with "Thanks" (from Think Big Favorites #6) stamped along the center of the vine.

That's it from me today! But don't forget, tomorrow (July 15th) is the day to get your hands on my newest stamp set and coordinating die! Here's a recap:

  • Background Basic: Vines - includes 3 background/border images and will retail for $15 at Papertrey Ink.
  • Leafy Vine Border Die - coordinates with Background Basics: Vines, measures 8-3/4" x 3/4" and will retail for $6 at Papertrey Ink.

Thanks for stopping by!

Maile


Just A Note:

Thanks:

14 comments:

  1. Love how you used the butterfly that was left over from yesterday post! And the colors on the second card are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your stamp designs, and this new vine is no exception. I love the clean and graphic look, and the wonderful cards you have created with it: it's going to have to join my collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maile,
    And once again, you are showing us stunning creations here!! Oeh, you bet ya, these will surely go into my basket tomorrow!!! Love them!! Last month I didn't buy the gracious vases, because my basket was too full, ha ha, but now I feel sorry and I miss it and I really want to get this one as well, hi hi, love your designs and what's a better hobby than collecting gorgeous stamps and have them ll at hand whenever you want to use them!!! :-)
    Hugs & happy day to you!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. More fantastic cards using your awesome new set! I particularly love the black leaf and butterfly card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maile, your work is so amazing. Love the Vines background basics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and I love this stamp set! (the die too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWWWWW you;re so talented!!! great design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you have been creating with this vine stamp is amazing...love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are beautiful, I LOVE the simplicity and clean look. The use of the Half&Half die cut in a way that I never imagined is wonderful. I also LOVE that the Background Basic: Vine can be colored. Great work, Maile! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving your set and all your samples!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't even know where to look first. Everything in this post is so beautiful and inspiring. No one does it like you, Maile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love love love the woodgrain and butterfly card. the textures and the colors just work! i hope you don't mind, but i referenced you on my blog (no pictures, just links back to your blog). beautiful work!
    debbie
    eastshorelanedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maile! Love stopping by to visit you, 'cause I always get to see beautiful and inspiring creations of yours! Congrats!
    xox Julia Sáddi - Brazil

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS