Thursday, April 14, 2011

Papertrey Ink - April 2011 Release Projects

Hello guys! I hope you've enjoyed this months Papertrey Ink release. I have a bunch more release cards to share with you today. So let me get started... First up, Grunge Me by Tiffany Pastor. This set is a ton of fun and right off the bat I knew it would work perfectly with my set Modern Basics. Boy was I right, I love the end result.
I started by stamping the large Modern Basics border image in Summer Sunrise. Then layered a few Grunge Me images in Enchanted Evening and Raspberry Fizz and a sentiment in True Black. I can't wait to pair these two together again.
Next, Tag-its #3 by Heather Nichols. So far this is my favorite of the Tag-it series, although I think I say this every time. I love the style of this card! It's a bit out of the normal for me, but it makes me happy.
I love how easy it is to turn the tiny flower bunch into a flowery row, by simply stamping the image over and over again. What do you think of the butterfly?! I attached five Love Lives Here butterflies together, in the center, and the spread the wings apart with dimensional adhesive. Gives the card a ton of dimension!
How about some My Hero, My Dad, another set by Tiffany Pastor. This set includes a ton of sentiments perfect for guy cards but it also includes a few very versatile images.
I was able to create this awesome pattern with a few of those images. I love sets like these, that give you unlimited pattern building options.
Next up, Flower Fusion #3 by Melissa Bickford. I've been waiting for for this third set! I've been anxious to recreate this (third card down in blog post) card idea, using all of the coordinating Flower Fusion flower stems together. I used the same basic technique as before. Although, this time around I stamped the stems across the entire length of the card.
Stamped and attached a vellum sentiment strip with some hidden dimensional adhesive and embellished with a few die cut Flower Fusion flowers.


Also, Train Tracks by Beth Silaika. This train is so stinking cute!!! Cutest train I've seen yet. I created a hand stamped pattern using the different train parts stamped in Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Summer Sunrise and Stormy Sky Distress Ink.
And this little guy makes me smile, because he was so easy to make and he's adorable. Die cut from kraft cardstock and then touched him up with a few matching Copic markers.
Last, but not least! Ad Sense and Boy Basics: Simple Circles both by Lisa Johnson. Check out this label, love the shape! Stamped it using a few of the images and sentiments from Ad Sense.
And this border die is soooooo versatile, it can go from this (with a few buttons) to this (pictured above) using the coordinating Boy Basics: Simple Circles set and a few other images from Ad Sense.

So there you have it! All supplies used are listed in the Papertrey Ink gallery.




I hope you've enjoyed the goodies from yet another fabulous release! I'd love to hear what you all are looking forward to receiving the most from this months release! Can't wait to see what you create!




Maile

21 comments:

  1. Hi! I just need to say this - your work is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your tips and techniques!

    kissinia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oeh, Maile! These are awesome!! I love them all! The colors are so pretty and the patterns you know to create, are just the best! I'm so happy I was able to order the grunge set this morning, and I can't wait to combine it with your Modern basics set! So many possibilities! Your My hero, my dad card is sooo gorgeous as well! I love as well the background elements in this and that gorgeous bracket! Oeh... I really had to make choices, since my budget was not able to buy them all, so this one fell out of my bucket... oeh, poor dad, now he will receive a card with Flower Fusion, ha ha!! ;-) Well, we can't have it all, right?! But with a job uncertain, I have to make choices and just put things on the wishlist for now. But sooo happy with what did get in the cart! Like the circles! Can't wait to make a colorful line of circles, like on your card, love that! Thanks so much for sharing all these beauties with us! (sorry for the long sotry.. ;-)
    Wishing you a happy Friday!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Maile such a wonderfull job you did.
    Gorgeous cards and stamps.
    Thank you for all those pretty ideas.

    xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeek! I have been so bad with my comments during this release, but rest assured that I have been eagerly checking all your posts and every day shaking my head at the amazingness of what you've come up with. Those chevron stripes ROCK! And so do you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every one of your cards Maile, I'm trying to come up with a way to save them all in a special folder on my computer so I can refer to them for inspiration. Still trying to figure out the best way to do that so it will include a link to the original project, but I will figure it out. I love your modern, CAS style. You truly are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Modern Basics set is such a great match for Grunge Me. And what you did with Tag Its 3 has moved that off my wish list and into my cart. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Maile, these are ALL so awesome (as all your projects have been over the past 5 days!) I particularly love the card with the flowers stamped in white on the Kraft border, what an adorable look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you liked the train - thank you for bringing it to life with your amazing creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you are a true stamper at heart and can take the simplest stamp and turn it into something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful projects as always Maile! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your cards are bautiful !!!

    Byeee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good gosh each card is AMAZING! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very very lovely cards! Have a lovely weekend! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards just what I need is another reason to buy more PTI stamps, my first love of stamps is Hero Arts but PTI is nipping at the heals of HA....lol and the cards you made are just making it so much easier for PTI to be in first place ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like all of your masculine cards for this month's release! Your use of bright colors mixed with the bold patterns work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just lovely! All of these are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Maile, I just love all of these cards. I love everything you make! In fact, I finally got to play with Modern Basics. I'd love to know what you think of my card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Maile, haven't seen a post from you for AGES and was just stopping by to say hello and let you know your inspiration has been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Maile, I just wanted to say how much I adore your work, it is so amazing and inspirational. I have made a card CASEing your butterfly card which I have just added to my blog (giving you credit of course) here: http://cardgrotto.blogspot.com/2011/07/happy-birthday.html

    I hope you don't mind, thank you so much for the inspiration, best wishes

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS