Sunday, April 10, 2011

Introducing Background Basics: Chevron Stripes Day Two

Hello and welcome to day two of the Papertrey Ink countdown! Today, I'd like to share a couple more samples with Background Basics: Chevron Stripes (available on April 15th here). This set features 7 background building chevron stripes that work together perfectly to create dozens of color and pattern mixing options. Yesterday I featured a couple fun options and today I'll show you a couple more. Plus, at the bottom of today's post I'll give you a peek at the stamps themselves and give you an idea of how to attach them to your acrylic blocks. So, let me get started with a few samples using Background Basics: Chevron Stripes combined with a new and old set... First up, a card using Background Basics: Chevron Stripes combined with another fun new set, Tag-it's #3 (also available April 15th). This card features the widest solid chevron stripe stamped repeatedly in a rainbow of colors onto a Rustic White card base. Created a focal point by stamping a few Tag-it's #3 images onto a kraft cardstock circle. The circle frame in Ripe Avocado, flowers in Fresh Snow and sentiment in Dark Chocolate. I then colored the flower centers with Copic markers and attached it to a scalloped Simply Chartreuse circle. Finished the card off with a Simply Chartreuse button and white silk ribbon.
Next up, is a softer look to create a baby card. Started by stamping a couple chevron stripes onto Sweet Blush cardstock in Vintage Cream. Then attached the Sweet Blush cardstock to a Rustic White card base.
Wrapped the card base with Sweet Blush ribbon and here's a closer look at the stamped chevron stripes. Click on the picture above for a better look.
Here I was going for a cuddly look to the Baby Button Bits teddy bear, by crinkling her up a bit. Stamped the teddy onto Sweet Blush cardstock in Dark Chocolate, added a touch of color with a light pink Copic marker, cut out and then crumpled it all up. Not sure if it really looks soft and cuddly, but it sure does look well loved. Attached the teddy to a die cut doily. Inked all the edges with Vintage Touch Chamomile ink and then attached the doily to the card base.

Here's a look at how to attach these chevron stripes to an acrylic block...

Here's How: First, I like to drop the stripe (face down) onto my work space, to allow it to stay true to its original form.
I then pick it up with the acrylic block, looking through the block to line the stripe up with the etched lines in the block. The Acrylic Gridline Block is what I like to use.
A quick way to stamp these chevron patterns is to attach multiple stripes onto your block and stamp all at once. Again, I drop the next image onto my work space.
Then I carefully align and attach the next strip right next to the previously placed stripe. Repeat these steps to attach any number of stripes to an acrylic block.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed! Again, I'd love to know what you think.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the happenings for today. These Ladies have much more to share with you too...


Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!


Maile



Enjoy:



Cute & Cuddly:


12 comments:

  1. Your chevron stripes really pop ~ especially with such bright & cheery colors. Love the different ways you used this set ~ such an enabler you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great basic set for tons of colored backgrounds! It would be fun to kiss the chevrons with the grunge set and get a grunge-chevron look for a boy card or a shabby-chic look. Very versatile!

    Love the cuddly teddy bear you made on the baby card! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that you are designing stamp sets now! I love the patterns you've chosen and can't wait to play with this newest set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oeh, perfect! These are separate stripes! I thought that they would come in one big block, but this is even better! That way you can make colorful backgrounds, like you did here in our first card! Love that one! And the cute bear is so sweet this way, you can see it has been cuddled with quite a lot, hi hi!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the chevron stripes.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you showed the range of effects re the bold vs the subtle chevron stripes! Like the cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such a creative idea, Maile! I love your baby card and would have never thought to use these stripes like that! Congratulations on all your success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay! This is exactly what I have been wanting and your cards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful, Maile! I absolutely love your style and admire your creativity. This set looks like another winner! I think you're 2 for 2!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really love this set! It is so cool! Thanks for the visual on how they go together too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited about Chevron Stripes. I can't wait to get this set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally adorable - I love your cute teddy and those chevrons are really funky! I had to link you up on my blog today to share ;)
    TFS, hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS