Saturday, April 9, 2011

Introducing Background Basics: Chevron Stripes

Yeah! It's Papertrey Ink Countdown time! And that means today is the first day I get to feature Background Basics: Chevron Stripes with you all! Background Basics: Chevron Stripes is the second set in the Stamping Simply line-up. This set includes 7 different background building chevron stripes, will be sold for $15 and is available for purchase on release day, April 15th, in the Papertrey Ink store. Now, how about a couple samples of this set in action... First up, how about a very fashionable creation. I found inspiration through the fashion industry and I envisioned a fun skirt I saw previously, featuring a bold black and white chevron striped pattern. Started the card by stamping a Rustic White Spiral Notebook Page die cut with two of the solid chevron stripes in True Black.
Keeping with the fashion theme, I die cut a Dress Form from Berry Sorbet cardstock, stamped the sentiment onto both the Spiral Notebook Page and Dress Form and then attached both to a True Black card base. Finished the card off with a few True Black buttons and Silk Ribbon.
Since I started with an ultra girly card, here's a masculine one perfect for Father's Day. For this card I pulled out Background Basics: Chevron Stripes and My Hero, My Dad (both of these sets will be available April 15th and be sure to visit Nichole and Betsy for more of My Hero, My Dad today).
Started by stamping the text, in Smoky Shadow, onto a Soft Stone card base. I then masked off the top and bottom of the text. Over that, I randomly stamped a few chevron stripes in Summer Sunrise and Stormy Sky Ranger Distress Ink. With the mask still in place, I added a bit of a distressed look by stamping an images from My Hero, My Dad in Smoky Shadow along the base of the stamped background.
I then stamped a couple Enchanted Evening banners with a few sentiments, also from My Hero, My Dad, and attached them to the top of the card base. Finished the card off with a True Black button.

So there you have it! I hope you have enjoyed today's peek at Background Basics: Chevron Stripes. I'd love to know what you think so far, so be sure to let me know! There is a whole lot more this set is capable of and I look forward to sharing more with you during the entire Papertrey Ink countdown. Be sure to visit tomorrow!

But first, don't forget to check out the rest of the happenings for today. These ladies have much more to share with you too...



Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!


Maile



Wishing You a Fabulous Day:



Dad... You're My Hero:


13 comments:

  1. Love the possibilities with BB: Chevron Stripes!!! Lots of colors, monochromatic, cool and hip or clean and simple. Great addition to the background building stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it that you put such a different style here than with the release the past month, Maile! These cards are wonderful! Those background shapes look awesome! Love how you combined them with the grunge and masculine set on the second card!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. I love those Chevron Stripes. So many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice cards! I really like how you built the background with both sets. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous:) i love orange and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the black and white stripe card with the pop of berry! Mmm...can't wait to see more this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY excited about the chevrons...I love how cool it will be to mix it with "Modern Basics" !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will be anxious to learn more as to how you stamped two colors of the chevron stripes. May make more sense once we see what the stamps actually look like. You make it look so versatile ~ love your examples!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are great cards. I do love the idea of chevrons and masculin/boys card. I have a hard time with those cards and yet I need to make a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards and this set! Lots of possibilities spinning through my head!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS