Monday, August 2, 2010

Vacation Highlights & Spiral Bouquet Revisited

I'm back! Thanks to all of you for the traveling well wishes, we made it back safe and sound.

Now, how about some pictures of a few of our trip highlights...
We had a blast 4X4ing with our jeep in Moab, UT.
Watched the sunset on Delicate Arch in Arches National Park, UT.

Spent a few hours at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs, Co.

Now back to the regularly schedule programming... How about a card! Yesterday's Papertrey Ink Senior Design Team Challenge was to revisit Spiral Bouquet. This was one of the first PTI stamp set that I bought and loved. So, I thought it would be fun to play along too...
Cover a Melon Berry card base with Green Tea Leaves pattern paper. Die cut a Spiral Notebook Page from Vintage Cream cardstock. Stamps sentiment, in Dark Chocolate, onto a Kraft cardstock strip and attach.
Stamp "Bloom" in Dark Chocolate. Ink the flower in Melon Berry, stamp off lightly onto scrap paper and stamp above the sentiment. Attach the Spiral Notebook Page to the card base, wrap with ribbon and embellish with a Simply Chartreuse vintage button.

Well, it's good to be home. I've missed being crafty and sharing my creations with you all. Hope you enjoyed!

Maile


Bloom Where You're Planted:

14 comments:

  1. my Jeep is jealous of your Jeep ;-) Thanks for sharing!
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those sights are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! You don't see images like that in NY!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had an amazing time away!!
    I just love the colours you have used on your card :)
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos!! the scenery is amazing and your boy is so cute!!! thanks for sharing!! very beautiful card!! love the yummy colors you used and the design is fab as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You card is stunning! Love the clean graphic style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! You made it out to my stomping grounds! I LOVE Arches!! {Cute card, btw.}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the Simply Chartreuse with Melon Berry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! And, gorgeous shots of the Moab area! One of my favorite places on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your wonderful photographs!!!What a lovely family :) Your card is my kinda style, clean and simple...wish I could make myself get more clean and simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous.And you made a very nice trip .I went to Moab and Delicate Archs in 1998 and it was splendid.
    Hugs.
    Katou

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! So glad you guys had a nice time and of course I love your PTI project! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like ya'll had a great trip! I love the pic of your husband and son watching the sun set! And a beautiful card too, I love the color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like that "stamp off" effect - I'm going to try it soon. Great holiday photos too - what fabulous scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Maile, so glad you have fun on your vacation. I'm just getting home from mine in Wisconsin, and catching up on your posts. I live in Utah and was wondering what brought you here? I love Arches!! Lucky you!
    Thanks for the continued inspiration. You're awesome!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS