Wednesday, August 11, 2010

CHA Kite

Hello, all! Just popping in to share my kite for the Papertrey Ink CHA SuperShow Booth. Started with a kraft base cut from a full 8 1/2" X 11" sheet of cardstock. For a bit of added dimension, I scored a couple lines and bent the kite just a tad. Tied a bow to the bottom and attached strands of both Hibiscus Burst saddle stitched & twill ribbon.
Die cut and punched butterflies from white cardstock. Stamped with Sweet Blush polka dots using Polka Dot Basics II and then crinkled.
Embellished each butterfly with a Hibiscus Burst vintage button and Dark Chocolate baker's twine. Arranged and attached the fluttery butterflies with dimensional adhesive and finished it of with a sentiment from Flutterby Friend.

Thanks for stopping by!

Maile

Flutterby Friend Kite:

16 comments:

  1. I am LOVING the kite. I placement of those butterflies just sing and the pop of color is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow oh wow...you just blew my mind! This is gorgeous, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew this had to be your kite the moment I saw it at CHA! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fabulous!! Great idea, very beautiful ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card, Maile! I love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your kite is so elegant! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creations blow me away...absolutely flawless everytime!

    Thank you for sharing...

    God bless,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this is so fun and lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAAAHHHH! LOVE your kite! Love the kraft with the pop of pink, love the butterflies in flight, love the whole thing. I think I may make one like this for my scrapbook room just to make me smile! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the card is sooo super gorgeous.....love the colours... !!! amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGoodness Maile, this is just so beautiful! I love the Kraft base and the simple vertical fold with the trail of wings. Just stunning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE your kite, Maile!! just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your kite! I want to make one but I cannot for the life of me figure out the dimensions of where to score or cut the cardstock. If you have time, can you point me in the right direction?

    auntsandy@bellsouth.net

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I rec'd your kite in the mail today as a prize from PTI. It's so lovely & will look great in my boudoir (which is what we call my craft room.)
    I always enjoy your blog & your work & now I have a bit of original art made by you. Thanks for making it so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS