Friday, August 13, 2010

Take Three: Fall

Hello! Hooray, today is the final day of the Papertrey Ink countdown! And I am extremely happy to be sharing two new sets, both designed by the fabulous Alli Miles, with you today! Take Three: Fall & Gobble, Gobble. Let's start with Take Three: Fall, this is the next in this versatile seasonal series which features harvest pumpkins & wheat images. You'll love all of the technique possibilities available to you with these classy reverse images. Don't forget that you can mix and match the sentiments from the other sets in this series with these images. Take Three: Fall is available August 15.

How about I show you what I'm talking about... One of my favorite uses for this series is to use a gradient color theme. On a strip of white cardstock I stamped a row of the same wheat image in Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile, Orange Zest & again in Summer Sunrise.
Before attaching the stamped strip to the card base I attached a Fillable Frames #4 die cut. The frame was cut from Orange Zest cardstock, stamped with a sentiment in Dark Chocolate and an image from Gobble, Gobble (a new set I will share with you in another post today) in Versamark, then cut in half. I then attached one half above the strip and the other below, then trimmed at the base of the card. Finished the card off with a couple Dark Chocolate vintage buttons and baker's twine.
Up next, heat embossing. This solid reverse images work perfectly for this technique. I chose to stamp the three pumpkin images, in Versamark, onto a strip of Orange Zest cardstock. Below that, stamped one of the sentiments included in this set in Dark Chocolate.
Under the embosses strip I attached a fun row of Dark Chocolate Spiral Notebook Sheet die cuts, wrapped with Dark Chocolate baker's twine and then embellished with a few Dark Chocolate vintage buttons.
Here's how the border was assembled. Connect two Spiral Notebook Sheets (I used just the top half of the die cuts) by lining up the holes and adhering together. Then attach this piece to your projects and trim if needed.
As mentioned above the whole Take Three series sentiments are all interchangeable but, for this card I used a sentiment from Gobble, Gobble (which I will share with you next). If you stamp your take three images in a lighter color it allows you to layer a sentiment over the image itself. Above, I stamped the wheat in Orange Zest and then layered a Dark Chocolate sentiment. I loved the way this turned out and made it the focal point of the card.
To create a frame for the focal image I die cut the Mat Stack #4 (also available Aug. 15) from Pure Poppy Bitty Dot Basic pattern paper and attached to the kraft card base. Above the pattern paper I used another image from Gobble, Gobble stamped in Dark Chocolate. Attached strips of Orange Zest ribbon and embellished with a few Dark Chocolate vintage buttons and baker's twine.

So there you have! I hope I have inspired you with something new today.

There is much more countdown fun for you to see! Be sure to see what Nichole Heady, Dawn McVey, Alli Miles, Heather Nichols, Beth Silaika & Tiffany Pastor have in store for you.

Thanks for taking the time to explore Take Three: Fall with me today! Hope you enjoyed and have a good one!

Maile


Blessings:

Happy Thanksgiving:

Fall Harvest:

4 comments:

  1. You girls can really crank out the winners. These cards are beautiful. Thanks for the wonderful samples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favourite is the heat embossed pumpkin card! Really pops:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracious I love all of these - your work is so unbelievably elegant Maile!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful fall colors! great cards!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS