Saturday, August 23, 2014

Time After Time Challenge

Hey there! Hope your busily enjoying all the festivities from today... Papertrey Inks Stamp-a-faire!

Our current Time After Time challenge is all about pulling out our early cards, the more amateur the better, and updating them with a more modern look and style.  Here's an oldie of mine...
This stunner (ha!) can be found here.  I've recently had to severely pare down my crafty supplies and card stash to make room for a new baby boy (hard to believe he is nearly 8 months old already) so I no longer have any of my ancient cards on hand and so I turn to my early blogging years for reference. 
I pretty much stuck true to the original mono chromatic melon berry color scheme and basic layout. I updated the pattern to a more modern triangle and polka dot theme.
Angled the sentiment strip and changed out the lace detail for something more clean and simple.  I'd say this card pretty much sums up my current style pretty well.  Quite a change over the years!  Still staying true to clean and simple yet keeping up with the fads.    

It's been fun returning back to the old days!  Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile

6 comments:

  1. So fun to see how trends change. Your original card is beautiful, but your new one is so much more stylish. Your little guy is 8 months...amazing. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your style is so trendy and hip! Love it, Maile!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how awesome it is to see your older card. Just to see where you once were vs. where you are now. Total inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I remember that first card so many years ago! I've loved seeing your style evolve into the fabulous CAS it is today! This is such a super fun challenge and I can't wait to dig up a "beauty" to redo! It could be a weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow certainly is a modern transformation of your original. What a fab challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS