Friday, August 1, 2014

Vegetable Garden Revisited

Thanks for joining me today for the August Papertrey Ink Senior DT Challenge. This time around we are bringing back Vegetable Garden
Many of you are harvesting homegrown veggies of your own.  What a splendid time of year to offer up a bundle of fresh veggies or fresh baked goods to someone special alongside a handmade vegetable card.  The design team has a bountiful selection of projects to share with you today. Check out what I've got for today...
Let me begin with my first inspiration piece, found here.
Instead of mixing florals with the polka dot I figured veggies would look just as good.  Boy was I right, this hand stamped pattern paper is so cute.
I love it so much that I had a hard time convincing myself to cut it up, but I manged to anyhow and squeezed in a fitting sentiment (from the Garden Grace stamp set).
My second inspiration piece (this beautiful Anthropologie pie pan) can be found here.
I was inspired to create this super fun and easy circular pattern using these two step veggies.
I began by stamping the "vegetable" circle and then stamped my pattern around it.  It helps to have a plan by first playing around with the arrangement on scrap paper.

Well, that's it from me today. Now be sure to visit the other Papertrey Ink senior design team girls for more Vegetable Garden goodness...
Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile

8 comments:

  1. Maile, these cards are awesome! That polka dot card is one of the most beautiful I've seen in a long time! The dress is something I would totally wear and your interpretation of it is spot-on (no pun intended!). :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Maile! Both of them are so inspiring; just love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Maile! I love your handstamped pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright and cheerful card. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cards, looks so fun and fresh. Great work!
    Office cleaning Kingston

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS