Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Studio Calico April Kit Release

Hi there! This months Studio Calico kits are great! And so... I've got a lot to share with you. Today I bring you my cards from the April Studio Calico Spencer's kit release.  I've put to use the Spencer's card kit, Americano add on and the Daily Grind add on. So let me get started...
With the amazing triangle as my inspiration, I've created a simple card with a super fun layout. 
I hope you too will give this design a try and add a twist of your own. :) Supplies from the Spencer's card kit alone. 
I whipped up this simple number using a left over pattern paper triangle from the card above. 
My favorite detail of this card... the stitching used to stitch on the sentiment. All supplies are from the Spencer's card kit.
This fun thank you card features elements from the card kit only. 
I attached the polka dot tag to the bottom of the card front and trimmed off the excess. Finished the card off with a row of stars. Loving all the fun patterns and shapes on this one.
Using a sentiment and a heart stamp from the card kit I was able to hand stamp a super fun pattern.
Finished the card off with a wrapping of hemp cord and enamel dots, both from the Americano add on.
The perfect compliment to a simple black and white stamping... colorful sentiment tags. Makes for the perfect pop of color. 
And I can't get over just how fun these stick pins are!!!
A few rows of stamped hearts (image included in the card kit stamp set) make for the perfect back drop. 
I just love the use of stickers and stick pins to create the perfect sentiment.
Playing off the tilted sentiment square, I attached a few rows of anchor washi at an unexpected angle. 
The washi tape is from the Daily Grind add on, the stars are from the Spencer's card kit and the remainder is from the Americano add on.

There you have it! Thanks for stopping by and have a super day!

Maile




Supplies Used...


9 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful cards. As I've scrolled down the line, I've thought, "this one's my favorite"...until I come to the next one. Fun and summery. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are all lovely, as usual. I am wondering what the city scape stamp is that you used on your 4th card. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all amazing! Your style is just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are Very pretty,Great work...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each card is incredible...I was thinking the same thing as Bev..."this is my favorite, no this is my favorite". Maile, you truly are in a league of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific cards, Maile - amazing designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great asst of cards! Such fun design elements. Those stick pins are fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!!! I think this is my all-time favorite post of yours!!! AMAZING and flawless work, girlie!!! I'm so looking forward to the sketched shapes release too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards!!! Clear and simple.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS