Sunday, September 11, 2011

Love Lives Here for the Holidays

***Please note: My second post of the day will be delayed. Due to a nearby fire, an evacuation has been recomended for our location. I've just finished this blog post and I'll have the other post, along with an update, up as soon as possible.***

Hello all! Welcome to Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink Countdown and this months first Papertrey Ink Design Team group post. In preparation for the Christmas holidays, Nichole has asked the Design Team to create a holiday treat or treat package & a card using the new Love Lives Here: Holiday stamp set. Love Lives Here: Holiday is a sweet homespun Christmas set created by Nichole Heady from a concept by Melissa Phillips. Here's my homespun treat!...I chose to work with the adorably sweet angel for this sweet treat and card.It all started with a new to me Christmas color combo of Soft Stone, White, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy and Spring Moss. Which I am loving! I love how the gray adds such a softness to the whole project.To start, I created a hand stamped strip using the bough image. I inked it up in Spring Moss and stamped a bough row. Then inked the heart trio in Pure Poppy and stamped along the bough row for a nice pop of color. Once complete, I attached it to a Soft Stone card base.
Die cut and stamped the angel in Aqua Mist and Smoky Shadow. Stamped a Pure Poppy heart along the hem of the dress, attached die cut Shimmer White wings and adhered to the card base with dimensional adhesive. Into the angels hands I attached a die cut bow (from Bells & Boughs) and a hand cut heart. Finished it of with a heartfelt sentiment.
Next up a coordinating treat box full of hugs and kisses. Like I did on the card above, I hand stamped a bough row along a card stock strip and then wrapped it around a Nugget Tin.
Wrapped the box with white silk ribbon, topped it off with another sweet angel and finished it of with a heartfelt sentiment that perfectly fits what's inside.

I truly enjoyed creating today's project and I hope you enjoyed it too! That's it from me, but for even more Love Lives Here: Holiday goodness, be sure to see what the rest of the Design Team has been up to...

Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!

Maile

Christmas Lives in the Heart Card:

Holiday Hugs Treat Tin:

24 comments:

  1. I love your projects, always so inspiring! I pray that you, your family and your home are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wishing your family and home a safe night. Gorgeous creations, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you and your family are able to return home soon and that all is well. Good luck to you all!

    (And I love your project!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of the card and the beauty of the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous projects!! I hope you and your family are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is adorable :D and accompanying project is great :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful set this is going to be - full of images I've been waiting for. This is a gorgeous project.

    I do hope all is well with you and your family and that all and your home are safe. Keep us updated if you can Maile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are all well and fine, and that no-one was hurt in the fire. How scary, particularly yesterday.

    I know you were in a rush so you probably didn't have time to check your spell-checker hadn't thrown up any crazies, but your angles should be angels !! It is one of my MASSIVE pet hates in class at Christmas time (I'm a primary teacher) so I groaned when I saw it in September ! Thanks for tolerating me and my issues with spelling !!

    I love your beautiful cards, and I think I need this set purely for the gifting purposes of that angel ! Thank you for your wonderful inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do hope all is well!
    Gorgeous card and gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous project! Hope you are doing well and stay safe. I will keep you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maille,
    How scary to have to evacuate for fire reasons...hoping that you and your family are safe and sound and back home soon! I pray that all is well with your home too and that the fire is safely out for one and all very quickly! Take good care!
    Jill Norwood, Seattle, Wa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maile, I pray you and your family and home have escaped the fire! Re your post ... both the box band and the coordinating cards are lovely. I too like the gray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you are safe! Beautiful projects. The red really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful projects! Hope you are all safe and sound back in your home!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hugs & prayers Maile! I live in SE Texas and have to evacuate for hurricanes sometimes. I know how it feels to pack your family and what few possesions you can and leave your home...not knowing what you will return to...or when. It is a very frustrating, heartbreaking, & scary situation where you are completely out of control. I hope you return soon, unharmed & unscathed in every possible way! May the Lord bless you & keep you & may He cause His face to shine upon you in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness! I am amazed you had time to create anything at all for us Maile! Just be safe! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, Maile. Hoping that you're safe, and that a whole flock of angels is watching out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Took a moment to pray:)Will again before your next post and do wait eargly for it, your projects are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty card and gift wrapping. Like the bow added to the angel. Pray that you and your family are safe and can return home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope all is well and you will soon be safely moved back home again! Your angel projects are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous creations as usual.

    Thinking about you and your family. Hope you are safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Maile, I'm glad you have the wisdom to evacuate when it is recommended! I love this little angel and thank you for thinking of US when you have so much going on!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely LOVE this card and companion "treat box". This would also be great as a coffee cup holder. Thank you so much for the inspiration. I will be making cards for the first time this year and can't believe the year is almost over with. Where in the heck has time gone?! April H. akirb78 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS