Monday, September 12, 2011

Bells & Boughs Day Four

Hello all! It's day four of the Papertrey Ink Countdown and today I'm joining up with Nichole Heady to bring you even more of my new set... Bells & Boughs (which is available beginning September 15th at Papertrey Ink!). Nichole will have all the details regarding this set and its coordinating dies, so make sure you stop by (if you haven't already).

I've got a lot to share with you today, so let me get started!...
First up, a simple single layer card that's sure to give you no problems when sending it through the mail.Up to this point I've shared with you only the solid bell images. Well, also included in this set are outlined bells. Perfect for pulling out those Copic markers or for pairing with it's solid companions, like I did on today's card. I stamped all four bells onto a white card base in a color combo of Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss & Summer Sunrise.Next up, I pulled out the wreath and berry images (from Wreath for All Seasons) and paired them with the smallest bough branch from Bells & Boughs. I stamped the wreath in Dark Chocolate, the boughs in Spring Moss, the berries in Pure Poppy and a Bells & Boughs sentiment in Dark Chocolate onto a Rustic Cream cardstock block. Then attached the stamped block onto a kraft card base. Adhered a couple strips of Dark Chocolate cardstock and embellished with matching buttons.Finished the card off with a die cut and stamped Hawaiian Shores bow and matching button.Here's a super cute and super simple holiday card trio. I simply stamped the tag (from Fillable Frames Additions 2) directly onto a white card base. Within the frame I stamped a small bow and sentiment, both from Bells & Boughs. To give these tag a realistic and fun look, I pierced a hole inside the tag top and cut a slit just outside of the tag top. Then threaded white silk ribbon through the two holes (using a needle) in pretty much the same way I would have had this been a real tag. One in Spring Moss.One in Aqua Mist. I think I like this arrangement the best out of the three.And one in Pure Poppy.I pulled out the Bells & Boughs poinsettias for this last card. Stamped them in both Pure Poppy and Spring Moss and cut them out. To create leaves, I cut the Spring Moss poinsettia petals apart and attached the sections behind the Pure Poppy ones.To create this Mega Mat Stack #2, I die cut two from white cardstock. Stamped the first one with Background Basics: Houndstooth (in Smoky Shadow), trimmed the top and bottom off of the second one and then attached the two together. Once assembled, I stamped with "Merry Christmas" and "From Our Family to Yours" sentiments (both from Bells & Boughs) and attached to a Soft Stone card base. Embellished with True Black buttons, the assembled poinsettias and black rhinestones.

Well, that's it from me today. I hope you've enjoyed this detailed look into my new goodies for the month of September. Remember Bells & Boughs and its coordinating dies will all be available for purchase starting September 15th, at Papertrey Ink. I honestly can't wait to see this set in your hands and in action! But in the mean time, please let me know what you think so far. I'd love to hear!!!

Now, for even more sneak peek goodness, be sure to visit Nichole Heady, Michelle Wooderson, Dawn McVey, Heather Nichols, Melissa Bickford, Lisa Johnson & Tiffany Pastor.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile


Happy Holidays:

Deck The Halls:

Greetings Of The Season Card Trio:

From Our Family To Yours:

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE all your projects for today! So bright and cheery! On a side note- so glad to hear you and your family are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your projects! I especially love how you paired your boughs with Wreath for All Seasons and your tag cards--so simple but so stunning! Glad you're safe from the fires--that's so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects! I especially LOVE your one-layer card----all of those festive colorful bells!! And what a great idea to pair the boughs with the previously released wreath for all seasons!! Oh...and I LOVE that houndstooth background---FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maile, your single-layer cards always manage to make me catch my breath. Yes, this stamp set is one I *definitely* want. So glad you and your family are safe - and trust you will stay that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All four proejcts are so neat! All the bells on the Season's Greetings card look great. The wreath with your pine boughs gives it a whole new, awesome look! The simlicity of the tag cards makes them easy to create, yet the design is smart. The houndstooth matstack w/the poinsettias and B&B sentiment is super. Nice card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous, Maile! All cards were beautiful but my favourite for today is the last one. So striking with the bright red poinsettias and grey houndstooth LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am most excited about this set this month! I always love your choice of color and perfect design. Brilliant work this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your style. The clean and simple Happy Holiday card is my favorite! But ALL you cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a super fan of one layer cards and your bells are awesome! But I have to say that I love all of your amazing creations, Maile. That Merry Christmas card is a stunner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so cute, I'm really liking the houndstooth card in smoky grey. Great share, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bells also for the wedding! Regards, ach!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous, Maile! I adore the layering on the first card...your sets always make me smile & my husband groan because he knows I will be spending more money!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been loving your samples all week, but I had to stop and pin the first of today's cards -- the colors are great and the design reminds me of midcentury wrapping paper - that's a good thing, by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! The minute you started showing your ideas for using this new set, I knew I had to have it! I LOVE the houndstooth background paired with the poinsettias. Just stunning cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your cards, but the last one is simply stunning!!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are such classic images. I love today's bells card with the outline and solid images and pure genius combining the evergreen branches with the wreath. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS