Friday, September 9, 2011

Bells & Boughs Day One

Welcome friends to the first day of the September Papertrey Ink Countdown! Today I'm super excited to be sharing with you a couple samples using my new set for this month, Bells & Boughs...

Bells & Boughs:

  • features 17 images and 11 sentiments
  • will retail for $24
  • can be purchased through Papertrey Ink, beginning September 15th
  • has a coordinating set of dies

How about a couple samples?...This card features a number of the images included in the set. I began this card by stamping a few rows of music notes, from Background Basics: Sheet Music, in Chia Vintage Touch ink. Stamped the three bough branches, in Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse, and then layered a few Pure Poppy berries.

Die cut and stamped the large bell, small bell and a bow in Summer Sunrise and Plum Pudding. Arranged and attached to the card base at different hights. Embellished the bow with a Dark Chocolate button.Finished the card of with a couple Bells & Boughs setiments, "Merry Christmas" "& Happy New Year", in Dark Chocolate. This next card features additional images, two poinsettia flowers and one of the other bows. I started this card by die cutting a frame, using the Mega Mat Stack #1 and Layerz Mat Stack #1 dies, from Spring Moss cardstock. Stamped with the three bough branches in Spring Moss & Simply Chartreuse and berries in Pure Poppy. Attached to the card base with dimensional adhesive and stamped the sentiment (from the new Think Big Favorites #8 also available Sept. 15th) with in the frame.Stamped, hand cut the large and small poinsettia flowers and attached together. Die cut, stamped and attached the bow behind the poinsettias. Embellished with rhinestones and then adhered to the card base.

Well, that concludes my first look at Bells & Bough and the coordinating dies. I truly hope that you've enjoyed! I'd love to know what you think, so please share!

Now, be sure to visit Nichole Heady and Besty Veldman for a peek at Holiday Lights & Stylish Sentiments, Danielle Flanders will bring you Candy Cane Christmas. Also, Dawn McVey, Lisa Johnson, Heather Nichols, Tiffany Pastor & Melissa Bickford have peeks to share with you of their newest sets for the month.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile


Merry Christmas & Happy New Year:

'Tis The Season:

23 comments:

  1. You're killing me! As usual, I love your new set. I was surprised and thrilled to see the pine boughs and berries. They're gorgeous! Can't wait to see the whole set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable ~ great beginning to the new countdown. LOVE your creations using Bells & Boughs! Eager to see more in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally getting this set! Love your samples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous inspiration - I'm so excited for Christmas now!!!
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply perfect! beautiful images, sentiments and cards...as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of your cards! Love the gold bells w/the purple bow! Can't wait to see more of your set. The big sentiments will be great to have b4 the upcoming holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love, Love, Love the first card! Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great designs, Maile! These sets are going to be a real hit! I can hardly wait for them to reach my doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the design and colors of your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards with this set. Can't wait to see the full reveal and the dies themselves! This set is gorgeous, timeless, classic christmas and a must have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the colors you combined for the first card, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this set!! I'm definately buying this and the coordinating die. I LOVE the first card with the bells...so beautiful. You did a great job Maile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful set Maile. I really love your design style. Simple, perfect, elegant. THis set is definitely on my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maile, both cards are beautiful. Once again you have created an amazing set of stamps. I can't wait to get this set home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maile, your cards have the habit of making me "drool". I didn't think I would be purchasing anything this month but oh no, it seems most unlikely now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your creations are so elegant and gorgeous - right up my alley! I knew I would love this set especially. FANtastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore how you stamped the branches over the music! Wonderfully lovely card and frame!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Granbeads term "creations". They are indeed beautiful creations. I love your fonts and your "wreath" is so clever. Really great job. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Muito lindo seus cartões! Amo esse craft!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look so gorgeous, Maile! Can't wait to see all the images in the set! You can make such lovely combinations bybusing original colors! Love what you are showing here, so pretty!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a fabulous set! Love all your beautiful projects. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card! Wonderful paper great layout, simply a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love those gorgeous pine boughs, berries and bells!!! Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS