Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bells & Boughs Day Two

Hello all! It's day two of the Papertrey Ink Countdown. I hope you all are enjoying everything so far! Well, I'm back today to share some more of my latest stamp sets... Bells & Boughs. This time around I'm keeping things some what simple...First up, a card perfect for mass producing. I started by stamping a white card base with a Plum Pudding small bell and an Aqua Mist large bell. Then stamped the sentiment, I love this sentiment! I knew when creating this set I wanted a font combination that would fit a simple and modern design as well as an elegant design. I've been very happy with the end result! This sentiment, in particular, fits the modernly designed Christmas cards perfectly, with it's simple text and varying sizes to keep things interesting.Finished the card of with a couple strands of white embroidery floss. Here's How: I've pierced a hole above the bells and at the fold of the card, threaded through the holes with twine and tied ends together inside the card. Die cut and stamped a Summer Sunrise bow, attached and embellished with a Harvest Gold button.This next card is a bit more involved but still simple to recreate. I've chosen to go with a wintry color combo of white (and lots of it), Spring Moss, Aqua Mist and Smokey Shadow. This shot gives you an idea of how I started the card and how the bough branches work. There are two outlined branches and one solid, all slightly differ in size. After die cutting my embellishment pieces (flower, bell, bow and frame) I figured out the arrangement which then gave me an idea of where to stamp my boughs.The frame was die cut using the Mat Stack #4 and Fillable Frames #7 dies, then impressed with the Vineyard Impression Plate and attached. The bell was stamped in Smoky Shadow ink onto White Shimmer card stock, which gives it a gorgeous silvery shine. Love it! Attached the bell, bow and poinsettia, embellished with rhinestones and called it done.

Well, that concludes my second look at Bells & Bough and the coordinating dies. I truly hope that you've enjoyed! I'd love to know what you think, so please share!

Now, be sure to visit Nichole Heady, Heather Nichols and Jessica Witty for a peek at Tag It's #8, Think Big Favorites #8 & Flower Fusion #8. Also, Dawn McVey, Lisa Johnson, Tiffany Pastor & Melissa Bickford have peeks to share with you of their newest sets for the month.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile
Peace, Love & Joy:

'Tis The Season:

17 comments:

  1. Great cards. Love the colors on the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the way you layer elements! a stamped image, a raised textured frame, color, sentiments...more and more beautiful creations. so happy to have the opportunity to admire your work - thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I especially love the second card! I would also like it with just the boughs and sentiment, with a few red rhinestones added as berries in the center. I love the sentiments you've shown from this set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS cas cards, Maile! This set is so neat! I'm just lovin what you're doing with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are such gorgeous creations! I love the way you made the frame for the second card! Awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maile--I really liked both of your card projects today. I liked the color combination you used in the first card, and I liked your use of the frame in the second card. Thanks for your talent and inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More great projects with this incredible set of stamps and dies! I can hardly wait to put them to work! Thanks so much for all of your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, a selection of beautiful cards, love all the white with just a pop of color. Especially love the layering of frames and all the die cuts, just gorgeous, as always.
    Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the beautiful simplicity of your cards, the colors, and the die cuts, especially the use of the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are Ab Fab cards. The second cards color combo is gorgeous! Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are wonderful. I love the white embossed frame. Perfect. Love the colors you used for your bells and the embroidery floss tip. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing, Maile - absolutely LOVE all the white - really highlights the stunning focal points!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really am loving this set and the cards you have shown so far. That last one today with the silver bell--just gorgeous! Can't wait to get my hands on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love that it will work so well for modern and classic designs ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maile, your beautiful cards with this set have convinced me I *need* it! I loved the first card on yesterdays post and I also really love the first card on today's post. (I like all the cards, but these two have made me catch my breath). This is truly a beautiful set and I love how simple, yet stunning, the sentiments are. Beautiful, beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards, simple but full of punch, really pretty thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS