Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bells & Boughs Day Five

Welcome back to the final day of the Papertrey Ink Countdown. For today's project I've chosen to focus on other uses for my new Bells & Boughs set, something other than a Christmas card.First up, an invitation... I've chose to go with a bit of a rustic theme, perfect for a holiday, anniversary, birthday or wedding party.I've combined Bells & Boughs with Table Service to create a table setting focal point. Stamped a kraft Mat Stack #1 die cut with Background Basics: Houndstooth in Simply Chartreuse. Stamped a Rustic Cream card base with a few boughs in Spring Moss and a sentiment in Vintage Touch Chai ink. To keep with the rustic feel, I also inked all edges with the Vintage Touch Duo.Nichole has already shared with you, in her post yesterday, how well this set works for creating wedding cards. I have another one to share with you today too, but keep in mind that by changing out this sentiment to a "Happy Anniversary" you've also got a card design perfect for such an occasion.I started this card by stamping a couple flourishes (from Holiday Photo Finishers) in Fresh Snow ink onto a kraft card base. Stamped and cut out a couple Pure Poppy poinsettias. Die cut and stamped a Berry Sorbet bell, punched a hole at the top and tied with a silk ribbon bow. Attached all to the card base, over the flourishes, at varying heights. Finished the card off with a sentiment and a few clear rhinestones.

That's it from me today! But don't forget, tomorrow (September 15th) is the day to get your hands on my newest stamp set and coordinating die, at Papertrey Ink!

Now, for even more sneak peek goodness, be sure to visit Nichole Heady, Dawn McVey, Heather Nichols, Melissa Bickford, Lisa Johnson & Tiffany Pastor.

Thanks for stopping by!

Maile


You Are Invited:

Wedded Bliss:

8 comments:

  1. What gorgeous cards. I love this style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love the invitation! Clever design and great colors. The wedding card is lovely! I like the stamped flourish from Nichole's new set and your double bow looks so nice. I like the bells and flowers w/the rhinestones. A nice finish. I can definitely envision a similar layout w/the bells and flowers in different colors for multiple occasions. TFS these super projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cards! Really like the idea of putting the poinsettia in the dinner plate! And the ribbon coordinates so well on the bridal card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards, Maile. The invitation card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards today are gorgeous, Maile! I think that's the prettiest invitation I've ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both these cards! I've ordered your set and can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like your idea of putting the poinsettia in the dinner plate !!gorgeous collection .....
    plastic card ideas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like your idea of putting the poinsettia in the dinner plate !!gorgeous collection .....
    plastic card ideas

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS