Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sweet Baby Inspiration

Today is the day! The first group post of the Papertrey Ink countdown! Group posts are always fun, I love to see the various takes that the entire Design Team comes up with when using the same products. Today we, the Design Team, get to bring you some fun and adorable baby projects, using this months baby line up of stamps and coordinating dies (which are all available beginning June 15 at Papertrey Ink).

Here's what I came up with...

I've chosen to focus on Sweet Baby, it's coordinating Sweet Baby Die and the Shape Up Series: Onesie Die to create this adorable onesie ensemble.

For this 'one-of-a-kind' onesie, I couldn't help but stack these adorable Sweet Baby die cut animals. I die cut them from some fabric I've had hanging around for a while now. Here's A Tip: When die cutting fabric, I found it best to create a tight fitting die cut sandwich. I stacked an extra sheet of cardstock behind the fabric, this allows the die edges to cut entirely through the fabric it's self, right through and into the extra piece of cardstock.

To attach these die cut cuties to the onesie I chose to work with some No-Sew Iron On Fabric Adhesive. Here's A Tip: This fabric adhesive can easily be die cut through, I cut mine at the same time I die cut the fabric. Once the animals were ironed into place I embellished with a Harvest Gold loin mane, Harvest gold button (how perfect is this shaped button?!), French knots (tutorial here) for eyes and a silk bow glued into place.To complete this ensemble, how about a matching onesie card?! I started by die cutting the card from white cardstock. Then, to give it a bit more of a realistic look, impressed the front with my Linen & Canvas Impression Plate.

This adorable giraffe was die cut from a sheet of polka dot American Crafts adhesive backed fabric paper. Tied a bow around it's neck and attached with dimensional adhesive. Then, to finish it off, I stamped, cut and attached a sentiment strip.

It sure was fun creating today's project, I hope you enjoyed! That's it from me, but for even more baby fun be sure to see what the rest of the design team has been up to...

Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!

Maile

Animal Stack Onesie:

Sweet Baby Onesie Card:

10 comments:

  1. Aren't those animals just the cutest? Thanks for the tip on the iron-on fabric adhesive with die cutting. Will have to try that. Your onesie is adorable and so is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That onesie is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby card is so nice! I love the way the impression plate lines make it look like fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute, Maile! Love that bow around the giraffe's neck, hi hi, like he's a real gift!! Love it!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! An excuse to use the hoard of animal face shaped buttons! I've been thinking they were teddy bears, but they are PERFECT for the lion! Just darling Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. total gorgeousness, I love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sweet and perfect! Love the simplicity, the colors are spot-on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super adorable! Love the simplicity...amazing job!
    Arlene.
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards...love the congrats one...you should enter it in the Idol countdown at papercrafts connection...the theme is congrats...love it!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS