Sunday, June 12, 2011

Introducing Gracious Vases Day Four

It's day four of the Papertrey Ink countdown and yet another day of Gracious Vases samples. Today I'd like to focus on a couple techniques that work very well with this set...First up, heat embossing. Started this card by stamping a small row of vases and an orchid in Fresh Snow ink onto an Aqua Mist card base. Then heat embossed these images in white.I then impressed a Mat Stack #5 shape around the embossed images, embellished with a few rhinestones and attached a White Shimmer cardstock strip along the right edge.Next, paper piecing. I pulled out the new Damask Design pattern paper pack (also available June 15th) and covered the card base with a sheet of green damask.Stamped the liner vases and fillers onto a die cut Mat Stack #1. Stamped the liner vases again onto colored damask pattern paper, cut out and attached. This Mat Stack #4 Collection sentiment strip was stamped in Ripe avocado, then over that I stamped "Especially" and "for you" (both from Gracious Vases) in True Black. Cut the sentiment strip out and attached, with dimensional adhesive, just under the vases.

That's all I've got for day four, but I do hope that you've enjoyed today's Gracious Vases cards. Remember, if your as excited about this set as I am, you'll have the opportunity to purchase this set beginning June 15th!

Be sure to visit Nichole Heady , Dawn McVey, Heather Nichols, Melissa Bickford, Alli Miles and Lizzie Jones for even more peeks at this month's new goodies.

Thanks for stopping by, have a super one!

Maile

Wedded Bliss:

Especially For You:

7 comments:

  1. I am loving this set and the gorgeous cards you have made! A must have for my cart on release night! Nicole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wedding card with the embossed frame! How cool is that? Beautiful damask paper piecing and background on the second card! It looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are pretty, Maile! I especially love that first card, so stylish!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your two cards.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've loved everyone of your cards with this set. Such versatility and elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your cards and I have a question: How did you get that die to emboss and not cut the paper????? I have a big shot and would love to be able to do this, but am not sure what the "sandwich" would be to emboss rather than cut. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally amazing! I love the die embossing...still haven't figured out how to do it though!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS