Saturday, June 11, 2011

Introducing Gracious Vases Day Three

Hello, it's me again! I'm back today for day three of the Papertrey Ink countdown and the third day of highlighting my newest set, Gracious Vases (which is available for purchase, at Papertrey Ink, beginning June 15th). I hope you're enjoying the samples thus far!

Well, today I have even more to share with you. I'll be focusing on using Glossy Accents to give these little vases a bit of shine and more of a realistic look. Let me show you what I'm talking about...

First up, how about a bit of an Asian influenced design?! Using the liner image from Backgrond Basics: Retro, I stamped three srips to create a focal point in the bottom corner of a Rustic White card base. Stamped them in Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise and Orange Zest. Directly over the lines I stamped three vases, two orchids, and the sentiment in True Black. For perfect alignment of the sentiment I stamped "just a note of" first and then "love" on top, to create the phrase "just a note of love". I could see myself using this sentiment/card as a note to my hubby or just to let someone dear to me know that I care or that I'm thinking of them.This close up shot gives you a good idea of what I was talking about earlier, that shine from the Ranger Glossy Accents makes me want to reach out and touch it, to see if it's real. It's just a neat effect. To finished the card off, I touched up the center of each flower with a bit of Copic marker coloring.Next up, a more softer look. One of my favorite ways to create a single layer card is to layer stamped images and create a unique and interesting focal image.Onto a Rustic Cream card base I started by stamping a scrolly frame, from the Mat Stack #2 Collection, in Sweet Blush. Then stamped three liner vases in Raspberry Fizz. Lastly, in true black, I stamped the sentiment and orchid. Added a touch of Glossy Accents to a single vase and Copic marker to the orchid flowers.

Well, that's it from me today! I hope you've enjoyed and I hope you'll let me know what you think! I'll be back tomorrow with more Gracious Vases. See you then!

Be sure to visit Nichole Heady , Dawn McVey, Heather Nichols, Melissa Bickford, Alli Miles and Lizzie Jones' for even more peeks at this months new goodies.

Thanks for stopping by, have a super one!

Maile

Just A Note Of Love:

You Are Cherished:

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, and it does look like you can reach out and touch the vase. So realistic. Love your BB: Retro on your first card. Your Gracious Vases is an awesome stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are nice! The first is bold and retro and the second shows a softer side. Excellent way to show the versatility of the set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo beautiful and elegant, Maile! Love these vases, so many cards to create with them! That first one is my fave today, love the colors and the lines there!!! Wishing you a wonderful Sunday! Do you make all these release cards way ahead or just in the previous week? I'm curious, 'cause you always design so many! Love that, but I'm curious how you handle that all, does it take you a lot of time? Well, I'm so happy that you do take the time for all this, a visit to your blog always leaves me with lots and lots of inspiration!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maile, I love your new sets and especially your inspiration cards for Gracious Vases. They're all very lovely and I can't wait to receive my set.

    Hugs and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love these vases, I think I may have to get them! And I adore your beautiful examples of how to use this set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love this stamp set, Maile. I want to just frame it, looks like modern art work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I was already sold on this vase set on first example - now I am chomping at the bit. Thank you, Mailes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your glossy vases! it adds such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This set is so simply gorgeous!!!!! A must have for all occasions.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS