Thursday, June 23, 2011

Forever Friends

Hello all! Just popping in quickly to share a simple card with you today, that uses an impressing technique with Papertrey Ink dies.I started today's card by stamping the sentiment, from Wonderful Words Additions, and the flower, from Modern Basics, onto a white card base.I carefully placed and temporarily attached the "Forever" Wonderful Words Die into place, onto the front of the card base. Then ran it through my die cutting machine, using the proper embossing plate sandwich. This is pretty much the same technique that Erin Lincoln shared in the Make It Monday #13 video, using only the die instead of both a die and impression plate. I then finished the card off with a button and white embroidery floss. Easy peasy!

Well, that's it from me today. Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a super one!

Maile



Forever Friends:

26 comments:

  1. So pretty, Maile! Love the technique you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo elegant! This is such a clever idea, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well this is just amazing. i have been playing with this technique too but i did not think to use the word dies. your card is just lovely and elegant and everything i like to see in a card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just stunning!! I am forever amazed at the gorgeous cards you come up with. This one is one of my favorites ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful, Maile! I have to learn how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing this REALLY makes me want to get those dies now. So elegant and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, Maile!! You are blessed with such talent! Thank you for sharing and inspiring us all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maile, I just love your style of cards! This is one with the embossing is so fantastic! I am going have to get those dies out and use them. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything you do when it comes to paper crafting is just gorgeous...always simple and elegant!!! This is no exception...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! I have to try that embossing asap!!!
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing! I love the way you embossed with the die!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I especially love the stamping over the embossing - so textured looking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clean, simple and beautiful! The embossing looks really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! LOVE everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful, clean and graphic - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunning! thanks for sharing the technique with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love your clean technique with impressed embossed method!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the new peek at your gorgeous background building set!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. and thanks for the fun idea for the word dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I *so* love this card... but I've been trying it at home and just can't seem to get it to work... if you ever find time (I know, I know) to do a tutorial, it would be so wonderful! Thanks for all of the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely LOVE this card. It is just so creative, so beautiful..I love every single thing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card exudes style! I LOVE the simple design and the impact it radiates. WOW. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS