Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Trails

Hello all! Today is the second group post day of the Papertrey Ink countdown. This time around the design teams focus is on a new set designed by Nichole Heady's, Happy Trails. This set is full of things that leave behind "trails". You'll need to visit every Papertrey Ink design team member today to find out what they are.

For my project, I chose to work with the paper airplane...I started by stamping the sentiment onto a Soft Stone card base in True Black ink. Then stamped three airplane trails in Smoky Shadow ink and rounded the bottom corner.Using the coordinating Happy Trails die, I die cut three paper airplanes from white cardstock and stamped the paper airplane image in True Black ink. For a bit of added interest, I drew inspiration from the folded newspaper airplanes and hats of my childhood and pulled out my Background Basics: Newsprint set and stamped each paper airplane in Smoky Shadow ink.To continue this fun theme onto the inside of the card, I folded a small paper airplane from a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of computer paper. Attached it to the inside of the card, inserted a folded bill and sealed the edges closed to help keep it in place. Stamped a trail in Smoky Shadow ink and a sentiment from Fillable Frames #3 in True Black ink.

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this little peek at this new set! Now be sure to visit the rest of the design team for even more Happy Trails fun...

Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!

Maile

Let Your Dreams Take Flight:

7 comments:

  1. So clever to use the newsprint w/the planes, Maile! Love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just too clever folding a paper airplane to hold money inside your adorable Happy Trails congratulatory card ~ way. too. cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that first card! I love paper planes and with the trails to stamp and that gorgeous sentiment, it's just the best!!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very clever....love the airplane card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just Perfectly PERFECT. The composition, the text on the airplanes, the neutral colours, the ingenious fold with the cash inside: Perfection!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS