Thursday, June 9, 2011

Introducing Gracious Vases Day One

Welcome to the first day of the Papertrey Ink June countdown! I am super excited to share with you the next stamp set in my Stamping Simply line up... Gracious Vases! Which is available for purchase at Papertrey Ink starting June 15th.

Gracious Vases is a $15 set that includes a number of modern vases and perfectly sized fillers, which allows you to have fun mixing and matching to create the perfect center piece for your creations. The sentiments are broken down, which makes for perfect placement and includes even more mixing and matching possibilities. And I am so in love with the font selection of this set!

Now how about a couple samples!...First up, a simple invitation. I die cut a Mat Stack #3 from some Autumn Abundance pattern paper and attached it to a kraft card base with dimensional adhesive. Then wrapped the card base with some Spring Moss satin ribbon.To create a simple focal point, I started by stamping a die cut circle with the larger vase in Orange Zest. Placed a mask over the larger vase and then stamped the smaller vase in Summer Sunrise and the filler in Spring Moss. I then stamped the sentiment in Dark Chocolate and attached the circle to the card base. This sentiment is actually two separate pieces, "you are" and "invited". So, if I had chose to, I could have easily inked and stamped both in different colors.Next up, a thank you card. A sentiment like this is perfect for a number of reason, possibly even for that hostess who invited you to the party you recently attended. For this card I was going for the look of a decorative vase arrangement on top of a table or counter of some sort. I started by die cutting a Mat Stack #5 from Rustic Cream cardstock, trimmed it in half & impressed it using the Woodgrain Impression Plate. I stamped the impressed mat with the sentiment (again, this sentiment was created using two of the sentiment stamps included in the set) and then attached it to a Rustic Cream card base with dimensional adhesive.I then stamped and hand cut these Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist vases. Played around with the arrangement, but did not attach them to the card base yet. Once the arrangement was figured out, I stamped the fillers directly onto the card base, being careful to stamp each in it's proper place. Then I was able to attach the vases onto the card base at varying heights.

Well, that concluded my first look at Gracious Vases. I truly hope that you enjoyed! Be sure to visit Nichole Heady and Besty Veldman for even more Gracious Vases inspiration. Also, Dawn McVey, Heather Nichols, Melissa Bickford & Alli Miles have peek to share with you of their newest sets for the month. And last but not least Jessica Witty has some of Lizzie Jones' Rhythm & Soul goodness to share too.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile


You Are Invited:



Thanks For Your Graciousness:

28 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards!!! Love this stamp set!
    Its on the top of PTI must buy list!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic concept for a stamp set, Maile. Love it and your cards! The little grouping of vases atop the table is SO creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When some posted on the Forum that they have enough flowers, I'll just bet they had no idea your Gracious vases would be so different. Adore the font and versatility of the sentiments. Your cards are beautiful and SO very clever (using a Mat Stack for a shelf ~ who knew)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maile, this is a beautiful set - the start of my basket for sure !

    Margaret C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards! Great colours and design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful set, and I LOVE the cards that you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a stamp set. They are pretty too. Love how you used them on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous, Maile!! Love especially the second card, the colors are sooo pretty!!! What an amazing set from you again! I'm a fan! ;-) I'll surely drop this one in my basket! Wihoe!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous.I love your second card, I just adore those Turquoise vases.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, versatile set, and gorgeous cards--as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful set, Mailes! I love these inspirations! I can't wait to get this set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so pretty! Love, love both cards, the way you popped up some of the vases! Really cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love these Maile! The second one is my fave! Can't wait to get my hands on this set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't tell you how excited I am about this set! Just gorgeous, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a beautiful set! I love your samples and Nichole's! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Maile, your vases are just BEAUTIFUL! Love the clean, modern lines, and your samples are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look just delightful! SO many wonderful ideas for this great looking set. It will definately be on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great set, Maile! you and the design team have done some fabby samples that make me want it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, I admit, I was so wrong! During sneak peek I thought I really didn't have a need for another vase and flower set. But I have seen the err of my thoughts. This set showcases beautifully and could clearly become my new "go to" set for everything. Congratulations on hitting it out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful set Maile! I like both of your great cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!Both of your cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous set, Maile--love the modern look! Your cards are both so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful Maile, this will be added to my wish list...I am planning on making a big PTI purchase and this set will be in my cart for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really love your take on your gorgeous new set ... beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous...your creations always are! love the white woodgrain shelf you created....stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning cards! I can tell it'll be super-tough to resist this set Maile. Maybe I just won't put myself through that struggle ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thst thank you card is fabulous! Such an ingenius design! Glad i found your blog. Such a talented young lady! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS