Thursday, October 21, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge Vintage

Time for another Embellish Color Challenge! Check it out... The challenge: To create a vintage themed project using the colors pictured above. The sponsor: Pixie Petals. Check out their gorgeous line of embellishments here.

I must admit, vintage it not my usual style. After putting this challenge off for as long as I could and finally creating a card this morning, I surprisingly found this challenge fairly easy. And here is what i came up with, using a Pixie Petals flower and ribbon...
Started today's card by stamping the Hero Arts Lace Background in Chamomile ink (lightest color in the PTI Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo) onto a Rustic Cream card base. Over that, layered the Hero Arts Wreath Of Leaves in SU Wild Wasabi and a sentiment, from Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers, in Dark Chocolate. Inked the card base edges with the PTI Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo.
Embellished the wreath with antique brads, rust colored ribbon and a yellow flower.

Now it's your turn to join in the challenge fun! Look here for the challenge details, the Design Teams amazing inspiration and a fabulous prize. Hope to see your challenge creations soon!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great one!

Maile


You're On My Mind:

11 comments:

  1. gorgeous, Maile!! The ribbon, brads and flower have me drooling all over the studio :D May not be your style, but you've put your own lovely spin on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card! You did an excellent job with it! Love how you used those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I really like how you created a simple vintage card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the subtle lace background, and I think you did a wonderful job! I had kind of given up on this challenge, but maybe I'll give it another go :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this subtle background stamping and the wreath over it! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love the stuff at Pixie Petals!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks so pretty and I just love that flower

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! The lace background really makes this shine.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS