Friday, September 13, 2013

Two Feet Deep + Grand Ampersand & Holiday Cheer Day 4

Hello and welcome to the fourth day of the Papertrey Ink September countdown and the first Design Team group post! 

Today's group post is all about showcasing the new Two Feet Deep stamp set and the Fancy Flakes die collection.  This combination comes just in time for the holiday season! A stamp set as beautifully designed as this one is sure to be treasured!  I just love how easy it is to make a big impact with such a simple card or tag.  These carefully detailed image truly shine and will be loved by you as well as those who receive your heartfelt projects and cards.  

Here's what I've cooked up for you today...
First up the card.  Simple, but these detailed images make this a striking design.
And of course I just had to incorporate a little bit of Grand Ampersand into this design.  I simply chose a sentiment that already features an ampersand, cut it out and replaced it with this larger one.  Plus, I just love how sentiments look when cut into pieces.
Two Feet Deep is perfect for tags too!  I love how the largest Fancy Flakes die looks when turned into a tag like I've done here.
Here's How: I die cut one snowflake and two circles.  Attached one circle directly to the front.  Onto the backside, I attached some twine before I covered it with the second circle.  Then turn over and embellish!
This give you the option to add a "to" and "from" on the back.
Here's a close up shot of the layering I've don't to top this simple tag.  A couple snow shoes and a pine bough, finished up with a sentiment strip.
Now, let me move onto some more Grand Ampersand.  This time I've paired it with the fun previously released Holiday Lights stamp set.
Three pieces from the Grand Ampersand set are featured here... "merry", "bright" and the "and" banner (isn't it cute?!).
Last but not least... Holiday Cheer!  And of course, I couldn't resist using the Fancy Flakes again.  I die cut the snowflakes from soft stone cardstock.
The largest snowflake was topped with a 2" circle, which I stamped with the hanging ornaments and a sentiment from the Holiday Cheer stamp set.

Well, that concludes my look at Two Feet DeepGrand Ampersand and Holiday CheerJust remember... these stamp sets (along with the dies) will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning September 15th

Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile



Two Feet Deep Card and Tag:

Stamps: Two Feed Deep & Grand Ampersand
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Kraft, True Black, Pure Poppy & Simply Chartreuse
Cardstock: Kraft & Rustic White
Others: Cream Twine, 2" Circle Punch, Fancy Flakes Die Collection, Two Feet Deep Die Collection and Grand Ampersand Die

Merry and Bright Lights Card:

Stamps: Holiday Lights & Grand Ampersand
Ink: True Black, Pure Poppy & Simply Chartreuse
Cardstock: White

Merry & Bright Snowflake Card: 

Stamps: Holiday Cheer
Ink: Aqua Mist & True Black
Cardstock: White & Soft Stone
Others: Fancy Flakes Die Collection & 2" Circle Punch

20 comments:

  1. Envy your clean style, I keep adding and adding....maybe to cover up my smudges? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous designs today, Maile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job. I wish I had the guts to stamp SO MUCH on my card bases. I'd have a huge "discard" pile, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the "tutorial" on front and back of the snowflake. Great packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and neat, all! But have to say, love the tangled lights card the mostest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gift tag idea, and that ampersand is turning out to be so versital

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love,love the last card, Maile!! So very pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love love love the tag! And I love how you cut the sentiments apart and replaced the ampersand! There are so many ampersand to replace in PTI now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all beautiful and I am definitely using the snowflake tag idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful designs, Maile!! I am loving the looks of all of these new products!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Christmas light card - whimsical and simple! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for showing how you created the tag and attaching the string. Now, if i can only remember..... :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please, please, please do not promote the sentiment on your first one. Teachers are stroking out all over the globe right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrific cards! Especially like your Merry and Bright card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for showing us the way you made the snowflake tag. Great snowflake card too.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS