Saturday, September 14, 2013

Quick & Easy Holiday Photo Cards

Welcome to the final day of the Papertrey Ink September countdown and the second design team group post day. Today's group post is all about the new Instant Photo products. Christmas cards will never be the same!  This stamp and die collection turns photos into personalized treasures.  I love how easy it was to whip these two projects up!

Here's what I've got for you today...
First up the pocket card, created using the Instant Photo Pull dies.  The photos I've chose for today's post are not your typical Christmas card type, I was having a little fun when creating these cards. I went clean, simple and modern with this one.  Just the way I like them.  I'm seriously considering this design for the year 2013.
I first stamped the sentiment (from Instant Photo: Holiday) and then layered the hanging ornaments (from Holiday Cheer).  I love how the insert adds a nice pop of color, completing the limeade ice, aqua mist and smokey shadow color combo.
The insert was die cut from aqua mist pattern paper, a nice contrast from the white pocket.
"To You and Yours" completes the inside.  I created the phrase using a sentiment from the Instant Photo: Holiday set and replaced the "and" with an ampersand from the Grand Ampersand set.
Here's a simple photo card, created using the One Liner dies.  To switch things up I chose to work with a 5" square photo.
Instead of extending the die cut across the entire bottom edge of the card I opted to utilized just the "Peace" portion.
I balanced out the "Peace" by finishing the sentiment in the opposite corner using two small strips.  Finished the card off with a couple rhinestone holly berries and pattern paper leaves (using the Holly Jolly dies).

Well, that's all I've got for you today. Just remember...  Instant Photo products, Holiday Cheer and Grand Ampersand will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning September 15th

Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile



Peace Love & Joy Pocket Card...

Stamps: Instant Photo: Holiday, Holiday Cheer and Grand Ampersand
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Limeade Ice and Aqua Mist
Cardstock: White 
Pattern Paper: Aqua Mist Pattern Paper Pack
Others: Grand Ampersand Dies & Instant Photo Pull Dies

Peace To You And Yours Square Photo Card...

Stamps: Instant Photo: Holiday
Ink: Smokey Shadow
Cardstock: Pure Poppy and White
Pattern Paper: Simply Chartreuse Pattern Paper Pack
Others: Red Rhinestones, Holly Jolly Dies & One Liner Dies
Photo 5" X 5" (everything else is a die cut)

12 comments:

  1. Such a fun photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and stamps you used on the pocket card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clean and modern take on the projects - that's why I love seeing your designs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the playfulness of your photo card. So modern and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome projects - love your funny faces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool twist on your holiday photo card! Love the comical pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute, Maile! Love your "fun and modern" spin on Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your work AND your sense of humor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha the first pic would definitely fit my family. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your photo sleeve. It's so cute! and that's exactly the kind of picture that I'd choose to send. Wierd ya, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved your projects. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS