Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Favorite Papertrey Ink Color Combo

Lots of exciting stuff happening for Papertrey Inks 4th Anniversary! Have you been keeping up with the festivities and challenges? Have you had a chance to listen to the very first podcast of Papertrey Ink Radio? I'm super excited to have been apart of it!

Well, today brings us to yet another super exciting and fun challenge. In honor of today's fabulous announcement over at Nichole's blog, the Design Team has assembled together a colorful array of our favorite color combos for you to play with. Here's my current favorite...
I've been pairing Lavender Moon and Harvest gold together a lot these days. Like here, here, here and here (scroll down to the third card). Purple and yellow are complimentary colors, which makes them a perfect match. Check out what I've come up with using my color combo of choice...
I pulled out both Life and Larger Than Life to create the sprig of flowers. Stamped them onto Rustic Cream cardstock in Lavender Moon and Chai (as my Fine Linen color to fit the combo). I wanted to keep these images light in color so that the sentiments, once stamped over, could really stand out. I really love the look of sentiments layered over images, it help to build a strong focal point.
Have you seen Erin's amazing Go-To Sentiment concept? It's amazing and I couldn't wait to try it out for myself! Check out her video here, it's the first addition to the new Make It Monday Series. I'll break down the sentiments for you: "friends" & "forever" from Flutterby Friend, "There's Nothing Better Than A True Friend" from In Bloom and "So Blessed To Call You Friend" from Signature Series: Cupcake. Once the stamping was done, I attached the panel to a kraft card base. Wrapped with twine and embellished with a few Harvest Gold buttons.

Now that you've had a peek at my favorite color combo, stop by and check out the rest of the Design Teams favorites...

Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!

Maile



True Friend:

20 comments:

  1. This card is stunning! I truly love this color combo and the sentiments over the image like that is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maile this is just beautiful! Those colours are so soft and pretty together and I love how you added a few different sentiments!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow and lavender together and your card is beautiful! really like the stamped sentiments you chose. Makes it seem like one big stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maile! You have done it again! These colors are so soothing, I just looove it! I was so excited to hear your voice and advice on the podcast! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, love how delicate it looks! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely softness to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful and soft card. love how you placed the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This color combo is so soft and inviting, and your card is stunningly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maile, your stamped creations always always inspire me. This is stunning! The color combo and design are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love this card! This might be my current all-time favorite! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us - so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous and true "Maile style"! I am hoping to feel better so I can go try my hand at the Make it Monday challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty. I love the colors and the way you used several sentiments on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning! It inspires me to use my stamps more and my designerpaper less!

    Sandra :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card basically blew me away. It is truly perfection. And the color combo is A-MAZ-ING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Love the color combo and how soft and delicate this looks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this, Maile!! Gorgeous color choices! And I'm so happy for you (and me!) that you are now a stamp designer! I can't WAIT to see what you have in store for us...your style is one of my favorites! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loooove this card and I loooove your color combo!!! Going to give this one a try for sure :) Thanks for the inspiration, as always Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is absolutely gorgeous. I need to get some lavender moon. Aren't the "Life" stamps and dies great?

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is stunning and I LOVE that you used the Make It Monday template. I am feeling so inspired by you. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS