Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Color Cue {12} Challenge

Hello all! It's time for this months Color Cue {12} Challenge. Check it out...Colors I used: Kraft, Lavender Moon, Hawaiian Shores and Rustic White. Here is my take...
Today's card started by combining and stamping images from both Flora & Fauna I & Spring Post to create these unique postage stamps.
Here's an idea of how to quickly stamp your own. I started by stamping the dogwood image and then carefully selecting parts of the image to layer the postage stamp over. Then cut them out.
I then arranged and attached them directly to the kraft card base. Cut a strip of vellum cardstock, stamped with the sentiment (from Spring Post) and embellished with buttons and rustic twine. Here's A Tip: To hide the adhesive, I carefully placed Scor-Tape behind the buttons and then attached the vellum strip onto the card base.

I hope you too will join us in the Color Cue {12} Challenge fun! Look here for this months challenge details.
Now, be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the Wplus9 Design Team has come up with to inspire you:

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy your day!

Maile



Happy Birthday:

11 comments:

  1. Hi Maile...long time no talk!! I just love these colours and have been looking around for some new challenges...really want to check this one out :) AND I wanted to congratualate you on your upcoming stamp designs!!! How exciting :) All the best to you, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE CARDS so clean, simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card Maile! Love the sweet colours and that's a clever idea how you cropped parts of the flower image. I love ideas for making our stamps work harder!! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I just love the way you cluster and tuck buttons! Classic Maile ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card! I love your clean and simple style! Can't wait to see the stamps you have in store for all of us PTI lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maile,
    This is so cute. I love the layout you are working with.
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet way to show off the Color Cue palette. Love the results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card, Maile! Love Wplus9 stamps and your card highlights them perfectly. Love the colors too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Maile, this is truly a masterpiece and one that has left my mouth open from it's beauty, I cannot wait to try something like this with a stamp that I have, thanks for sharing!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you did that, and great vellum sentiment, I'd say enter it in Make It Monday, but you don't need any more PTI stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Maile! But I then again I love everything you do! Thanks so much for the constant inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS