Friday, February 11, 2011

Flower Fusion #1

Hello and welcome! Who is loving everything that the Papertrey Ink Countdown has had to offer so far?! I know I am.

Today, I am super excited to be sharing Flower Fusion #1 with you! Flower Fusion #1, designed by Melissa Bickford, is the first set in a new ongoing series. Each month a $5 floral set, sometimes with a die, sometimes with out, will be released. Different sentiments will be included in each one and the stems/flowers can be interchanged between sets. I already can wait to see what next month brings! Oh the mixing capabilities!

Now for a few samples... First up a super simple number, which I love. Started by stamping the extra large sentiment, from Think Big Favorites #1 (more on this set over at Nichole's blog), onto a white card base.
Under the sentiment I stamped a long stem, from Green Thumb, in Simply Chartreuse. Then embellished the card with a hand cut leaf, a die cut flower (both from Flower Fusion #1) and a Dark Chocolate button with twine. I'd love to create a set of these simple beauties in every color!
Next up, a bouquet of these fun flowers. I started by stamping the stems (in different directions and heights) along a Rustic Cream card base. Wrapped with Simply Chartreuse satin ribbon and stamped a sentiment (also from Flower Fusion #1) just under the bow.
Die cut and stamped the flowers in Hibiscus Burst and Orange Zest. Attached them on top of the stems (at different heights) with dimensional adhesive and embellished with Dark Chocolate buttons.
This is my favorite way to use this set, to create a vine using just the stem image.
Here's How: With a pencil, I lightly drew two straight lines across the card base.
I then stamped the leaves, one on top the other, in one direction.
Then again, in the opposite direction.
To finish the card off, I filled the space between the leaves with button flowers; which I created by stamping the die cut Flower Fusion #1 flowers with one of the images from Bitty Background Blocks and then embellished the centers with Dark Chocolate buttons. I then stamped the sentiment.
Finally, I paired Flower Fusion #1 with a watering can, from Green Thumb.
In the center of this gorgeous doily (a little sneak peek for you!), I stamped the stem in Ripe Avocado and attached it to a Fine Linen card base. Stamped, cut out and attached the watering can with dimensional adhesive. Die cut a Flower Fusion #1 flower from Hibiscus Burst and topped the stem. To finish the card off with a bang!...... I pulled out my well loved handmade Button Boutique buttons (the ones I made in this blog post) and embellished the flower center and watering can along with a tiny sentiment flag (sentiment also from Flower Fusion #1).

I hope you have enjoyed this fun look at Flower Fusion #1. I have a feeling that this series will quickly become a favorite of mine!

Well, that's it from me today. Be sure to see what these lovely ladies have in store for you today:

Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile

Thanks So Much:

Have A Wonderful Day!:

Celebrate Today:

Hi There!:

39 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!! I adore that sentiment, and must have it, but the simplicity of the cards make them extra perfect. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards make me long for SPRING!! Gorgeous cards! Excellent use of these simple stamps in so many creative ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of the stems and bright flowers. Such a clean and fresh look....I long for spring and the show to melt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Original as ever Maile. Love all the cards you have made. Can't wait to see what you have come up with in your stamp design debut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card samples of this adorable set!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maile these cards are just wonderful!! Definitely going to buy them on the 15th. Very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply wonderful cards! Great samples showing how to use this new stamp set and die! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maile this are gorgeous cards

    xxAnita

    ReplyDelete
  9. More gorgeous ideas as ever Maile! Thanks so much for your inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love every one of these cards, but the first one is just wonderful. What a great gift a set of those cards would be! You've showcased these new sets beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your cards. The "vine" one is great plus the flowers at differing heights. Your style is wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those Flower Fusion cards are just amazing, Maile! Your color combo is so bold and fun and I just love making the stems & leaves go all the way up and down the card---really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant! A well deigned stamp set. Just love your cards today! Flower fusion is a must have!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cute! love the double lined flower card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alright...you just convinced me. I was thinking I'd wait until 3 or 4 of these sets were released and then I'd pick. But nope, this set and die is going straight to my wish list after these gorgeous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're all SO BEAUTIFUL Maile!!! WOW! Thanks of the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cards are stunning. So clean and simple. I like it!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards and thank you for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  19. To think one can create STUNNING cards like this with a 5.00 stamp set makes my toes curl in delight lol!!! EXCELLENT work Maile, YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You rock. Love what you do with a bit of product!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the look of your cards, clean and simple and beautiful. I also love those flowers and leaves! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love every one of these cards!! Your style is so clean and refreshing...and very creative! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Maile, your cards today are so fabulous. I love them all. The clean design and the colors are so yummie! Thanks for always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Every one of these brings a smile to my face. Thanks for the tip on creating the vine look.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your style sense - the nice crisp designs with lots of white space. Ahh. perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh how awesome! I love the way you made the vines and that doily card is so pretty. My Grams would love to get a card like that-vintage and just her style:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. "celebrate today" is a gorgeous, classy card. Beautifully done, Maile...love the vine! And, I really liked how you incorporated the watering can as a flower pot. Ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful projects! ;-) I am very excited about the Flower Fusion series - can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These samples are terrific! They are so clean and striking. Thanks for sharing. Love the watering can with the flower and doily. Very creative...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh what FABULOUS cards Maile. I loved each and every one. You give me so much inspiration! Thank you for the stem stamping tutorial. Thank you for sharing your talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't know which one I LOVE more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The cards ares so cute! Thank you!
    Hugs, Luciana.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I never leave comments but today your cards were so refreshing and gorgeous that I couldn't help myself! I need to get out my watering can. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Maile, you're a genius!!! Love those cards, their simplicity and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful cards, Maile! Love you take on this set!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Maile... I love everything that you do! You make it look so simple. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. these cards are simply adorable!!! Love the bright flowers taking center stage, and the watering can- SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS