Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sketch Desinger For Skipping Stones Desing

Hello! This month, I'm guest sketch designer for Skipping Stones Design. Check them out here. Today I'm featuring a card using the latest sketch - SSD#54... For today's card, I started with a kraft card base and attached a piece of yellow Happy Spots pattern paper. Wrapped the base twice with chocolate baker's twine and tied into bows.
I combined today's sketch with the Heartsong stamp set, a pre-release set that will be available in January 2011. Stamped a die cut Mat Stack #4 with the bird on a branch image. Stamped the image a second time onto Lavender Moon cardstock, cut out the bird and attach with dimensional adhesive. Attached the stamped Mat Stack to the card base with dimensional adhesive. Stamped the card base with a few music notes and finished the card off with a few more hand cut music notes.
Here's a look a the SSD#54 sketch I designed. As you can see, I basically flipped the sketch. For some reason, I usually have a hard time sticking to the exact layout of a sketch. Always looking for a way to add my own spin (even if it is my own sketch, it's a good way to keep design ideas fresh and new).

Be sure to stop by Skipping Stones Design blog for more details and for a look at what the rest of the Skipping Stone Design Team has come up with.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!

Maile

A Little Birdie Told Me:

17 comments:

  1. Such a pretty take on the sketch, just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card design and love the sketch, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Maille! I'm a sucker for anything birdy or music, so this is a standout for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Maile! Your blog is adorable! Love your card. Thank you so much for designing sketches this month for SSD! I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so gorgeous!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so gorgeous, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the singing birdie. Love the notes. Pre-release? How fun!! Clean and simple LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maile, this is really darling! I love the bird and branch and sentiment stamped on the Mat Stack, and the notes soaring from the birds mouth, oh, and the bakers twine looks fabulous too! Great card my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a darling card...and I LOVE the sketch for this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so cute, Maile! i love the way you used the bird and the music notes.
    Thanks so much for providing such a fun sketch for us to use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maile! This is absolutely fantastic! I love what you have done with this SS stamp set. I too have a hard time using sketches as "is" and tend to put my own little spin on them! I am excited as I just received my first SS stamps and can't wait to use them! (now I NEED this one!) .......Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment and yes I so enjoy working with Kim! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So simple and sweet card! Love how you pop up the bird and song note! How clever! Love your sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH!! This is sooo sweet!!! What a beautiful card! I LOVE IT!
    Thanks for great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very pretty!!!! thanks for a great month of sketches at SSD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card - thanks for all the great inspiration. So excited to have you as a Sketch Artist at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Maile! I love that little bird and the cut out notes are so cute! So excited to have you with us this month!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS