Sunday, December 19, 2010

Love Birds

Hello! Hope you all enjoyed your weekends. Today I wanted to share a card I had made before the last Papertrey Ink release, using Love Birds. Don't look to closely. You may notice the wet ink I accidentally smeared (once I finished stamping the tree panel of course... arg!). This card started with the idea of using the two heart images, from Love Lives Here, to create leaves. Stamped the tree trunk, from Merry Little Christmas, in Dark Chocolate.
Stamped both hearts repeatedly, in Simply Chartreuse ink, at the end of the branches.
Die cut, stamped and attached the bird cage below the stamped chain (both from Love Birds). Stamped the grass image (from Love Lives Here) along the base, in Simply Chartreuse. Die cut a scalloped border from kraft cardstock and impressed with the Sheet Music Impression Plate. Attached the border and wrapped with baker's twine. To finished the card off I attached the tree panel to a kraft cardstock base, along with a strip of Happy Spots pattern paper.

That's it from me today, hope you all have a great Monday! Thanks for stopping by!
Maile

Love Birds:

15 comments:

  1. You have no idea how relieved I am that you too...an amazing pro designer...at times smear your ink. ;) Love your cards and am always looking forward to new posts from you in Google Reader :)

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm soooooooo glad that the masters too have inky troubles sometimes :D
    Still a fabulous card with or without the smear!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maile, this is a beautiful card and I can't wait to get my hands on that Love Birds set to try something similar. :) I think it's wonderful that, not only did you smear, but that you shared it with us... that shows a lot of integrity and humility. Regardless of that, however... I love the idea of hearts as leaves! :) Such a cute creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Maile! The twine & dimensionals are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is like a fresh breath of SPRING, so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card...I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to know that even PTI Designers make mistakes! ;) It's a lovely card, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card Maile. Even with the smoosh. Like others have said, it's nice to hear (and see) that this kind of things happens to all of us. I bet though, you could cover it with leaves and no one would be any the wiser...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I love your creations! they inspire me a lot! Will come back to visit you again! Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!

    - Evelyn
    Greetings from Malaysia.
    www.weworkonline.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this stamp set and I have it but I have not had a chance to try it out. Your card looks great, I love how simple and elegant this looks

    ReplyDelete
  11. So amazing! I literally had to stop for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww... this is so sweet! love love love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS