Friday, December 3, 2010

A Card Creations Celebration

So, this entire week has been a huge celebration for everyone at the Paper Crafts and Moxie Fab blogs, promoting their latest magazine edition... Card Creations, Favorite Occassions.

The week started with a post featuring me here (a huge thanks to all who left me such sweet comments on that post, you made my day!!!) and finished with a bang of a challenge here. The challenge was given to the top 5 designers, of this issue, and we were asked to create a brand new card in one of these five occasions: Birthday, Thank You, Congrats, Love and All Occasion. But there was a catch, we were all sent the exact same product - Pink Paislee's Sweetness collection. The purpose of the challenge was to show how different designers adapt product for different occasions. Check out what we all came up with here.

I usually find myself struggling to come up with a card when it involves scrapbooking supplies. I'm usually more of a stamp, ink and cardstock kind of girl. But this line is gorgeous, and before I knew it, I had completed 5 cards! First one was the challenge card here, second was the one below and I hope to share the other three with you soon. Anyways, onto today's card... Attached a Sweetness Clear Card to a Soft Stone card base. Attached a glitter "Cutie" frame sticker over Pink Shimmer cardstock, trimmed and attached.
If you look closely you can see the soft pink damask that covers the entire clear card. Check out the detail of the ornate silver design, just gorgeous. I used another clear card on my challenge card too, see it here.
Didn't want to cover it up too much, so to help direct your eye across the card, I embellished with a few Sweet Blush buttons and a white silk ribbon bow.

That's it for today, hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by!

Maile

Cutie:

10 comments:

  1. What an amazing card! Stunning really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeee! This makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Maile! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Maile,
    This card is gorgeous! I love the way you make your cards so striking and elegant just with a few simple features. You are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maile- I am always amazed at your card designs. I am somewhat new to cardmaking and I'm also published for the first time in Card Creations-Favorite Occasions. I just created a blog for the first time and I have your site listed as one of the sites I go to for inspiration. Love this "Cutie" card-just beautiful. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the details on your card. The silver flourishes seem to float on the clear card!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS