Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Quick & Easy Tags

Hello, and welcome to the second Papertrey Ink group post day and the final day of the Papertrey Ink countdown. Hooray! This second group post is geared around the soon to be released 2010 Holiday Tags stamp set along with all of the wonderful tag products Papertrey Ink is releasing. Today I am combining 2010 Holiday Tags stamp set with the brand new Tag Sale #2 die.

While growing up, one of my favorite things to do for the holidays was to wrap gifts. I loved it so much that both my mom and sister would give me their own gifts for me to wrap up. Even the gifts I was to receive from them, after they boxed it up and I couldn't peek inside of course! Something about wrapping the paper nice and tight and making the corners folds perfect, made me happy. I enjoyed finding just the right ribbon and tag to match the paper perfectly. This is something I still enjoy to this day! Nowadays, I keep things simply and wrap all gifts with kraft colored wrapping paper and add a punch of color by using colorful ribbons and pretty tags. Here are a few ideas... Started by wrapping the gift with Kraft colored wrapping paper. Next, dress it up with a wrap of pretty ribbon of your choice. I usually like to go with colors that match my tree.
For this first tag I started by die cutting Tag Sale #2 from Christmas Prints pattern paper. Die cut a circle from white cardstock and stamped with the Very Merry Circle image from 2010 Holiday Tags in Pure Poppy. Cut a strip of white cardstock and stamped "Greeting", from Big & Bold Holiday Wishes, in Pure Poppy ink and attached to the base of the tag.
Attached the "Very Merry" circle to the top of the tag over a few Pure Poppy buttons strung with baker's twine. Topped the tag off with Pure Poppy ribbon in a unique way.
Here's how: Start with about 6" of Pure Poppy ribbon.
Fold ribbon and pull it through the tag hole like so. Then string twine through the ribbon loop.
To finish, flip the tag over and tie the twine tightly to hold the ribbon in place. Then use the extra twine lenght to tie the tag to the gift/ribbon bow.
Next up, I used the adorable reindeer image. Stamped it in Dark Chocolate onto a die cut white circle and then attached it to a die cut Tag Sale #2 cut from Sugar Plum pattern paper.
Stamped "Merry Christmas" onto a white cardstock strip and attached. Finished it off with rhinestones and a ribbon top, attached the ribbon in the same fashion as above.
I used the mistletoe image for the last two tags. This one is a super simple tag that could easily be mass produced.
Stamped the mistletoe in Simply Chartreuse. Dressed it up with Liquid Pearl for the berries and some Fine Linen Saddle Stitched ribbon.
For this final tag I stamped the mistletoe in Ripe Avocado onto Spring Moss cardstock. Finished it off with some more Liquid Pearls, Fine Linen Swiss Dot satin ribbon and a sentiment strip.
Here is one final idea to dress up those gifts. Simple tie a paper vintage ornament (ornament instructions found here) around the bow.

For even more fun and unique quick & easy tag ideas, be sure to see what the rest of the Desing Team has come up with:

Thanks for visiting and have a great one!

Maile


Very Merry Greetings Tag:

Merry Christmas Tag:

White Mistletoe Tag:

Green Mistletoe Tag:

19 comments:

  1. Such a clever way to attach a ribbon to a tag...have to try that out soon! Great samples today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you tied the tag to your ribbon. Thanks for sharing how you did it! Your tags and wrapping are beautiful. Such a wonderful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip on adding the ribbon to the tag. I love the look of shorter ribbon of the top of the tag, but wondering how people attach it to the gift. Now I know.
    PS - Your bows on the packages are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your tags are beautiful. Thank you for the instructions on how to make the ribbon bow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags are beautiful!! What a wonderful way to dress up a package!

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING! Thanks for the inspiration. I was just thinking it was time to make Christmas cards and tags... x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tags. I really love the gems on the reindeer's antlers. very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tutorial on tag/ribbon tieing. You're such a cleaver girl! Your tags are beautiful. I too enjoy wrapping gifts. It's one of the things that I look forward to during Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your tags. I have always enjoyed wrapping beautiful gifts! I think so much is in the presentation. Clean and simple style radiates from your projects. Thanks for sharing the way to tie on the tag. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tags. They just dress up a present so nicely. Yours are exceptional!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for showing how to attach the tag! LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seeeriously adoreable, Maile! Love how you attached your ribbon- can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so fun. I love the simple mistletoe one. It would be easy to mass produce and help my boys figure out who's presents are who's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These tags are SOOOOOO cute---this is exactly the kind of thing I love to do---thanks for all the different ideas---really great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tags are really showcased with that brown paper background. Love your creative way of attaching the ribbon - it leaves the bows looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are so cute. lovely tags. thanks for the tips on tying that beautiful knot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute tags!! I love what you've made!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS