Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Get Well Soon

Happy Tuesday to you all! I've really been enjoying my new Terracotta Tile color collection. For me, it was one of those colors I had no idea what to do with at first; but once I pair it with just the right colors, it looks amazing. Today I have paired it with Melon Berry and New Leaf. I've also found that Terracotta Tile look great with Hibiscus Burst too. The text background (from Background Basics: Text Style) on the scallops and for the flower, were stamped in Melon Berry. Wrapped the Terracotta Tile cardstock with Melon Berry twill ribbon.
The flower was created by using the large Beautiful Blooms II #2 Die, to cut a negative space from the Terracotta Tile and sentiment (from Fillable Frames #2) cardstock block. Stamped the sentiment and leaves (from Beautiful Blooms II) in New Leaf and embellish with a button strung with silk ribbon, which has been my new favorite way to thread my buttons lately. :)

Hope you all have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

Maile


Get Well Soon:

22 comments:

  1. Girl, you are a genius! I love the punch scallop circle for the flower! I have to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo Creative! :)
    I love the entire design of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulously creative! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Maile! What a great color combo, I hardly ever use Terracotta Tile cause I never like how it looks with other colors, will have to try your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that crisp strip of white! It balances the card PERFECTLY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous design! I'm learning to love Melon Berry in small doses - I never thought it would work with Terracotta Tile but it totally does!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am ordering Terracotta Tile after seeing this card! Really beautiful, Maile!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my God Maile this card is so beautiful.
    Wow!

    xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic!! Not a colorcombo I would easily pick (it would scare me off I think), but it is stunning! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. I too didn't know what to do with terracotta tile but since using it yesterday for the first time, I can't wait to pull it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous design!! lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smashing color combo!! I really like the stamped text in melon berry in the open space of the flower & on those fab scallops! Its nice seeing them at the top of the card, especially one with a flower, its like spring is just popping up!! :> Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow--I love melon berry with TT! Great card Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cute!! congrats on all your publications in GO TO SKETCHES :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh, there it is again. I love this technique... just like the butterfly one!
    I have butterfly and flower dies but they can't be used this way. They have multiple flowers on the die. These single dies are brilliant!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love how you made the TT color look so cheerful! The silk ribbon is too cute! I'll have to get some with my next PTI order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maile, this is really beautiful! the red is wonderful! fun!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS