Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Babies & Botanicals

Hello all! Hope your day is going well! Thought I'd share a card using some more goodies from the latest Papertrey Ink release, Background Basics: Botanicals and Outlines Alphabet... This card utilizes a simple and very common layout, but yet I gave it a fun uniqueness by adding a few properly placed details. First off, the rectangles were stamped using three of the Background Basics: Botanicals images (in Sweet Blush). Attach a Dark Chocolate button, strung with white silk ribbon.
Gave the sentiment (stamped using Outlines Alphabet) some dimension by cutting out and popping up a couple of the letters. Then finished the card off with a double ribbon tab, using Dark Chocolate grosgrain and more of that wonderful silk ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you have a good one!

Maile


Baby: (Card Measures 5 1/2" X 4")

25 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Maile! I just love all the quirky little extra details in the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you placed and popped the "baby" sentiment. It's all in those little details, Super Star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is the cutest card ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Sweet blush and brown together are perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very sweet, so love the very delicate colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Maile! Your sweet blush ink is so dark compared to mine, maybe I need to reink or something!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful. Love the layout and everything about this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card! Love how you did all the work yourself, instead of turning to patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card. Also the one from yesterday.
    I was 2 days out of town.

    xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous design! super sweet baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maile, I liked almost all of your cards so much! This one is so sweet and great! I want to give you a little present - http://peleshka.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-post_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the little touches you gave to the card like the button and the words popped up. The colours are very pretty too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this card and all the little details!! I have to ask - where do you get your kraft cardstock ... I love the shade of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great card! I love the pattern blocks and the hand cut letters!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  17. You totally rocked this layout! I especially love how you made the word baby fit into its space and draw attention to it with the popping and ribbon tab!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card! It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gave the sentiment (stamped using Outlines Alphabet) some dimension by cutting out and popping up a couple of the letters. Then finished the card off with a double ribbon tab, using Dark Chocolate grosgrain and more of that wonderful silk ribbon. wholesale salwar kameez catalogue with price , wholesalesalwar ,

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS