Saturday, March 12, 2011

Postmarks

Hello and welcome to day four of the Papertrey Ink Countdown. Today is also the Design Teams Group Post day. For today, Nichole has asked the Design Team to share projects using the new Postmarks stamp set and the coordinating dies. Which are all available on March 15th.

Postmarks comes packed with a great assortment of vintage inspired mail and postage images. I thought it would be fun to combine a number of these images to create something I don't create too often, a belated birthday card... I started by pulling out any stamp images that applied to this theme. Played around with different and possible arrangements by placing the actual stamps face down onto the Rustic Cream cardstock block. Once I came up with an arrangement that fit across the card and one I was happy with, I started stamping. I started at the bottom right corner and worked my way up and across.
To draw attention to the sentiment and create a focal point, I picked two images and stamped all three (two images plus the sentiment) in Raspberry Fizz. All other images were stamped in Dark Chocolate. For a bit of dimension I attached the postage stamp (die cut using the Postage Die), "First Class Mail" (die cut using one of the Rectangular Labels Dies) and "Express Mail" circle (Cut by hand) all with dimensional adhesive. Then attached the stamped cardstock panel to a Dark Chocolate card base.

I love how this vintage set is clean enough to be easily incorporate into any clean and simple card or project. It's sure to fit any style!

For even more Postmarks fun, stop by and check out what the rest of the Design Team has up their sleeves...

Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!

Maile



Belated Birthday Wishes:

7 comments:

  1. I love this collage-style card! Such a fabulous design idea, and so very "mailable"! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you loaded up this card with all that postage goodness.....the colors are great, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does fit any style, Maile, thanks for showing also this cleaner style! Most projects are vintage styled, but you show us that you can also create a modern look, with the use of colors and the way you layed them out! Love this card!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I love the colors-for some reason I'm thinking chocolate...like chocolate cake with pink icing! or maybe I'm just hungry! LOL...but this card is so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been a huge fan of your work and have been stalking your blog regularly. Love your CAS style with this set and the lovely pop if color you used. Awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable collage effect Maile! Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS