Sunday, March 13, 2011

Introducing Modern Basics Day Five

*** This is the my second post for today. Be sure to stop by here to view the previous post. ***

Hi there! Today is the final day of the Papertrey Ink Countdown. Which means... Modern Basics will be available for purchase tomorrow! I thank you all for joining me each day of the countdown and for all the kind words you left me. If you do happen to pick up Modern Basics, I hope you will, so kindly, share your projects with me. I would love to see!

I've got a couple more projects, using Modern Basics, to share with you today. Both featuring the border images included in the set...
This one here, is a vintage inspired project. I really wanted to combine some of the vintage images from Postmarks with Modern Basics. I think of these sets as complete opposites (style wise), and I thought it would be a great challenge to combine the two into one card.
Stamped a Rustic White cardstock block with the large and small border images. The large border was stamped in Lavender Moon and the small borders were stamped in Chia Vintage Touch. I then layered a "Thinking of You" postage circle, postage cancellation lines, "Bon Voyage" (these three from Postmarks) and double solid lines (from Label Basics) in Dark Chocolate. Then attached the Rustic White stamped panel onto a kraft card base and embellished with Harvest Gold buttons and twine. For the final vintage touch, I distressed the edge of the kraft card base.
And finally, more of a masculine look. I stamped a white cardstock block with the borders in Spring Moss and Ocean Tides. Above that, I stamped the sentiment in Ocean Tides.
Attached the stamped cardstock block onto an Ocean Tides card base, embellished with a few Ocean Tides buttons and rounded the bottom corner.

Well, that's all I've got for you today. I hope you have enjoyed everything I've shared over the this months Papertrey Ink Release Countdown. Don't forget tomorrow is the big day and Modern Basics will be available for purchase at Papertrey Ink.


Also, don't forget to check out the rest of the happenings for today. These ladies have much more to share with you too...

Thanks for dropping by today, have a super one!


Maile

Bon Voyage:

Happy Birthday:

21 comments:

  1. I *cannot wait* until Tuesday and this Modern Basics is for sale. I am snatching it right up. I love the ideas everyone is posting. I cannot wait to share mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This set looks divine! As do your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have loved seeing your work with this set - I'll have to look for it here in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your work, Maile! For sure I'm getting this set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This set looks fantastic, and I love everything you have shown with it. I will be buying it the minute it goes on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice cards! I especially like the BD card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this set and am excited for its release Maile (as I am sure you are as well). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and I love the color combinations. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job combining the vintage and modern looks. I absolutely love your new set and can't wait to get my hands on one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maile, I think your set is fabulous and I am SO excited to play with it! I love how versatile it is, and really can get you back to basics. Thanks for showing me a masculine card! Can't wait for tonight...this is the first new thing into my cart! Great job!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fresh and clean images! I am loving your set more every time I see the possibilities. The buttons just add such a pop! Great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, so pretty! Love the man-card, looks gorgeous and so perfect for the guys! I will definitely try to get my hands on these stamps and would love to share a link with you once I created a card with them, I'm pretty, pretty sure I'll have loads of fun with this set!
    Thanks for designing!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maile - it's been a long, long time since I've been this excited about a new set from Papertrey. Love the style and the flexibility! Can't wait to order!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! WOW! Maile, these are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maile, I have loved each and every one of your gorgeous creations using your fantabulous new stamp set as well as some of the other new releases!! You've highlighted the versatility of your set so well!! I only wish I hadn't placed such a big order last month as I now have to wait a little while until I can order again and add this set to my PTI stash. Love, love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colors and design of your first card! Congrats on your first stamp set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. super lovely cas cards, first card is amazing. tfs, have a great weekend. Janna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your stamps and your cards rock!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bon Voyage is absolutely captivating! Love your style and detail.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS