Saturday, March 12, 2011

Introducing Modern Basics Day Three

It's the third day of the Papertrey Ink Countdown and I hope you are enjoying everything so far.
Today I bring you yet another introduction to Modern Basics (which is available for purchase on March 15th through Papertrey Ink). My focus this time around was to think outside of the box and show a little more versatility using Modern Basics.

First up, a sample turning a few images into a modern flower and leaves card... I combined the solid & linear squares with the solid rectangle. Then paired Modern Basics with a modern flower from All About You.
Stamped the squares and rectangles randomly onto a white card base (in New Leaf), like so. Then I stamped the sentiment, also from Modern Basics, in True Black.
The flower was inked using the Rock & Roll technique, inked first in Raspberry Fizz and then rolled the edges in Pure Poppy. Stamped it onto a punched circle, attached to the card base with dimensional adhesive and them embellished with a button and twine.
Next, I turned the leaf trios (that I shared with you yesterday) into flowers. I started by stamping a few stems using the stem images from Green Thumb. Topped two stems with the solid leaf trio image, in Plum Pudding. I then stamped the polka dot square four times, also in Plum Pudding, to create the larger flower.
Embellished the flower centers with Harvest Gold buttons and white embroidery floss. Stamped a few leaves using the smallest square and a sentiment, both included in Modern Basics. At the base of the card I used a border image from Modern Basics, one you haven't seen yet. I stamped, in Ripe Avocado, the border image repeatedly in opposite directions and then rounded the bottom corners. Finished the card of with some Ripe Avocado satin ribbon.
Finally, for this simple creation I combined Modern Basics with a sentiment from another new set called Think Big Favorites #2.
Stamped the sentiment in Dark Chocolate onto a Rustic Cream card base. Stamped, in Ripe Avocado, the small leaf trios at the embellished end of the sentiment and the large leaf trio in the sentiment corner. Embellished with rhinestones and finished the card off with Fine Linen satin ribbon.

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this look at additional uses for the images included in Modern Basics. That's all that I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed! Again, I'd love to know what you think.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the happenings for today. These ladies have much more to share with you too...

Thanks for dropping by today, have a super one!

Maile


Hello You:

Hello Friend:

It's Your Day:

36 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful Maile. Clean and simple, yet so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved what you did with the It's Your Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - so many fantastic ideas for this set! I love the way you punched up the sentiment on the "It's your day" card! All of the cards are elegant and simply stunning! Salubrious eye candy! Can't wait to see the full release this month! :)Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these projects! So clever to make the leaves in the top one, and I totally love how you embellished the sentiment in the bottom one. That last one is my favorite--so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your set is fabulous. your previous posts have been AMAZING, but a bit daunting for an "occasional crooked stamper" like me. thanks for showing the versatility of this set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all beautiful, Maile! I especially like how you worked the leaf images to connect to the sentiment in your last card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your first set Maile! So exciting! Love the 'mod' retro feel to the geometric shapes in the set!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great, Maile! Love all your examples so much...your new set is a must-have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maile,

    Oeh, you did it! You really created such wonderful projects by thinking out of the box!!! The way you decorated the tails of that 'it's your day' sentiment, that's so clever!!! It looks awesome!! And the card doesn't need more than this, it's just perfect! The one receiving this in their mailbox will be truly, truly a happy one!! :-) I also fell in love with the second card, the colors are so pretty and like a lot the way you created the bottom of the card as well as the eye-catching flowers with only this set, perfect!! You truly showed us the versatility of your new stamps!! Thanks!! Wishing you all the best!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning. So beautiful and versatile. I love your last card, so simple and perfect.

    Congratulations for such a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love all of your samples Maile! I have a feeling this set is going to be a hit :) Your last card is gorgeous, CAS and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with your card #2. It has simple pretty flowers and yet the bottom leaves are much more detailed. You are truly amazing that you can do so many different things with your new set.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colors used on the 2nd card caught my eye. Thanks so much for sharing this set and your amazing ideas to bring it to life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing work, Maile! fabulous set and love love all your samples! congratulations on your first stamp set. can't wait to get it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creations...looks like a wonderful set to add to my ever growing "collection"!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome creations again. You give such inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us all. This set is going to be so loved when it finally makes its way to my home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, stunning, and wonderful, Maile! I love your thinking outside the box with these stamps. So versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did such an amazing job on this set!! I am LOVING every single card we're seeing created with it! It seems so versatile and like it can be used for such a variety of different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful cards! loooove your color choices and details.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cool set! Your Hello Friend card is sooo pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are great. I love the simple look you always give but also so elegant and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This set is so great and versatile - your cards are so amazing, I love your style. I also love how Nichole used them in a totally different way - you gals are truly inspiring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Maile, I absolutely adore this set! Your creations are fabulous and I can't wait to creation my own! Love LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Maile congrats on your release....it's fabulous....way to go, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous cards! I love your style! Congrats on your first stamp set, can't wait to get it - looks like hours and hours of fun playing and coming up with a million combos and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards! Your first stamp set looks like a winner - congratulations! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Maile, this is so awesome that I almost cannot stand it! I cannot WAIT to buy this set!! I'm so excited and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous cards! Simple and clean just the way I like, but stunning still! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those leaf trio flowers are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Maille, your cards are amazing!! I LOVE how you made this set with sooooooo much versatility. You are right on the bullseye. I can't wait! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm so impressed with the fabulously creative things you're doing with this set, Maile! Who knew it could be so VERSATILE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So cute and I love the polka dot leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  33. those plum pudding flowers are GREAT - TFS!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS