Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Introducing Modern Basics

Yay! It's time for the Papertrey Ink countdown! And I am super excited to be sharing a few samples of my very first Papertrey Ink stamp set, called Modern Basics.

First off, I would like to thank all of you for your support and enthusiastic comments. You all have made this experience very special and exciting for me.

As you may know, I am a big fan of a clean and simple card designs, and I love that this set is perfect for creating exactly that. With a combination of basic yet modern shapes which can be combined in a number of ways. Another love of mine are rounded corners, and the signature shape featured in this set is one I have used a number of times in the past.

Today, I'd like to focus on one image from the set. The butterfly...Modern Basics features both a solid and linear version of this simple butterfly. It may be a little hard to see but, this cards background was stamped entirely with the solid butterfly alone. I stamped a Fine Linen card base with rows of alternating butterflies. This was super simple to create and I think the results are stunning. I love how the butterflies, when stamped like so, transform into a whole new shape. It all depends on how you look at it!
To create a focal point within this mesmerizing background, I emphasised a single butterfly by stamping the outline in Plum Pudding. Then finished the card off with a "Hello" (also from Modern Basics), a Royal Velvet button and rustic twine.
Keeping with the butterfly theme this simple beauty uses the outline butterfly, a couple other simple squares and a sentiment from Modern Basics.
Onto a Sweet Blush card base, I stamped a row of Scarlet Jewel butterflies. To draw attention to a single butterfly I simply stamped, in Smoky Shadow, a medium and small square with in the open wings. These little squares are a great for adding pops of color not only to the butterfly but, to a few of the other images included in Modern Basics too. I'll be showing you soon!
And finally, a combo of both butterfly images. I started this card by stamping the solid and outlined butterflies randomly at the base and up the side of the white card base.
I started by stamping the solid butterflies using the Rock & Roll technique; inked up with Raspberry Fizz and then rolled the edges in Pure Poppy. If you look closely at the butterfly behind the sentiment you can really see the gorgeous detail this technique gives these simple butterflies. Next, I stamped the outline butterflies in Raspberry Fizz and finished it off with a sentiment and rhinestones.

So there you have it! I hope you have enjoyed today's peek at Modern Basics. I would love to know what you think so far, so be sure to let me know! There is a whole lot more to this set, so I'll be featuring Modern Basics during the entire Papertrey Ink countdown. Be sure to visit again tomorrow!

But first, don't forget to check out the rest of the happenings for today. These ladies have much more to share with you too...

Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!

Maile

Hello:

Thanks:

Thank You:

59 comments:

  1. I don't even know what to say to you anymore. These are amazing. That first one, in particular, is ridiculous. In the best way! I'm dying to see the full reveal of this set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?!? This is FANTASTIC! I love love love how you created that first card. That's just craziness! Love it..so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing Maile, you totally rock this background set of yers :) I'ma have to buy it, lol :)

    Hugs,
    C :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my word!! you go girl!! i'm so excited for you! great work..i can't wait to see the full set!:) xoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant!!! It's sooo YOU!!! LOVE LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your first stamp set!! I love how the butterfly creates such a cool geometric background. Can't wait to see the whole set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you created all of those cards with one image - a butterfly! You amaze me! I can't imagine what else is in your set? I can't wait to see more of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this set and especially love the last card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing! What a fantastic set of projects. I can't wait to see what is in the rest of this set! You have just blown me away with your first set! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is sooooo versatile! Love every way in which you've interpreted it! Can't believe a butterfly can be used for so much more ;-)

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look really grate. A simple but so versatile stamp set. Gorgeous. Congratulation for your first stamp set. I looking forward for the next ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect!! The butterfly is made in such a gorgeous shape and I looove the cards you made with it! I was sure this first set of you was going to be something awesome and you already surely did not let me down! This is amazing! And can't wait to see more of it!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You used the exact word that popped into my head when I looked at these: stunning. Can't wait to see what's next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. One teeny, tiny stamp did all that! That's incredible! Love your amazing creativity! Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing....you are always so creative....this set is going to be "hot"...and all we see is one stamp used, and I love it already!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the 2 step stamping technique sets - your cards have a nice crisp clean look - but oh so playful. Thanks for sharing your creative talent!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like so much fun to play with. Your creations are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What I adore about your creations, Maile, is that most of them are single layer! Makes me feel like I can do that. Love, love your Modern set and can't wait to get it for myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning! But then I knew I would love this before I ever saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maille- this stamp and your creations are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh WOW that first card is the coolest, and so perfectly stamped! Congrats on your first set, Maile! It's just so YOU! Can't wait to see more of it tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is an automatic in my cart set! I LOVE the simple modern style and you really hit a home run with this one.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful cards. Look like they are professionally printed!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on the release of your first set! I love geometric sets and this one looks terrific. Lovely creationa with it, look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are wonderful, 'simply' perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is great - I love your clean, crisp style and this set is going to be wonderful - can't wait to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the butterfly. Can't wait to see the rest of the set. I also love clean and simple. Thanks. Congratulations on your first stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Maile, I love your new stamp set, it's very unique! What makes it extra special though is having YOU show us the fabulous ways in which the stamps can be used! You definitely have a special talent that not many possess! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just love this butterfly! Can't wait to see more of this set! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE, love, love these cards! This set is definitely going in my cart! Can't wait to see more of this set :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAck! I am dumb-founded by your style & talent. Simply beautiful, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  33. How exciting, Maile! These are truly stunning! I love that butterfly and all its possibilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very cute designs. Modern Basics has so many possibilities, just as you have shown in your fabulous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great job, Maile! Love the versatility of the set - single images that can make up such a beautiful background as well.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love it! Your clean style is lovely!! Can't wait to see the rest of the set! Great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is very clever! I am really enjoying this fresh, graphic look!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Maile -

    Love this set! So very many possibilities.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your cards are just stunning. I am completely blown away! Congrats on the new stamp line!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I knew I would love your stamp set and just with the butterfly I am sold! I am especially fond of the background you created on the first card--it would be great for guys, ladies, young or old. I am so excited to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Maile your first set looks awesome!! Very, very modern! I just love that first card so much!! Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Maile - you've definitely been doing this before - right??!! I can't believe this is your first set - its stunning!! I love that you can create focal images or backgrounds that form different designs with just the one stamp set!! Its amazing!!
    I promised myself I wasn't ordering from PTI again for several months - but this set is gorgeous!! Eeeeeeekkkk what's a crafty gal to do.
    Love the first card - though that may be because purple is my favourite colour. :)
    Thanks for demonstrating your gorgeous CAS style and showcaseing how diverse this beautiful set is. xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations on designing your first stamp set, Maile! Woo hoo! If this is just one design from the set I am on pins and needles to see what you will come up with next! Looking forward to many more sets with the CAS Maile Style!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, Maile! Fabulous! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congrats on your first stamp set! I LOVE how you can see different designs in the images depending on how you look at it....this will be such a fun set to play with and we haven't even seen the whole thing yet - I cannot WAIT! I love the fact that you can make a simply stamped card look so elegant! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Congrats, this set has your name all over it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow - what a set! So glad you explained it all. I love the modern feel it has. Congrats on your first stamp set - I'm sure its a dream come true. Can't wait to see more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a fun set! A quick way to make simple, yet fun cards, especially in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love your cards Maile! I'm so excited to see more of this stamp set - I think Modern Basics will be high on my shopping list ;)
    Have a great weekend, hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi Maile. Congratulations for your upcoming release. I LOVE it!! I love the way your projects pack such punch, with minimal layers, and look forward to having this set.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Gorgeous Maile and definetly your style! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I think you are ridiculously talented. I would never have looked at those stamps and thought I could make so much. Thanks for being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  53. soooo exciting! love what I'm seeing today. Looks like a fabulous set! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a quick and lovely card! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  55. Those are some fantastic tips for stamp useage!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS