Thursday, November 11, 2010

Take Three: Winter

Hello, and welcome to day 3 of the Papertrey Ink countdown! Today I'm super excited to share with you Take Three: Winter (available November 15th). Which is the next and final set of the seasonal Take Three series, designed by Alli Miles. Along with this set, Alli has designed a die to coordinate with the entire series. The Take Three Die cuts three squares at once or can be used to cut a frame/series of windows with three opening for the shapes. How convenient is that?!

Today, I'll be sharing a few ideas using both the new Take Three: Winter set and the matching Take Three Die. This set contains two different design elements, a flourish and snowflake, which are perfect for the fast approaching winter season. This simple creation showcases the gorgeous flourish and three of the sentiments/words.
Stamped the three flourish squares onto white cardstock squares (cut using the coordinating die) in Pure Poppy. Stamped the words onto a strip of cardstock in Dark Chocolate, cut and attached them over the flourish squares. Impressed a Dark Chocolate strip using the Book Print Impression Plate and attached it to an Aqua Mist card base (measuring 4 1/4" X 5"). Then, with dimensional adhesive, attached the flourish squares.
Next up the snowflake. For this glittery goodness I used a single snowflake image, which I stamped in Versamark onto Lavender Moon, Sweet Blush & Melon Berry cardstock. Sprinkled with Heat & Stick powder, which I used to embellish each square with glitter. Then, using the coordinating die, I cut out the row of squares from a white cardstock rectangle, rounded each corner and stamped with the sentiment (also from Take Three: Winter).
Cut out, by hand, the glittered squares and attached them behind the opening with dimensional adhesive. Attached the entire piece to a Smoky Shadow card base and finished it off with a True Black button.
Shimmer cardstock has quickly become one of my new current faves. I have found that it's easy to work with and makes the perfect shimmery snowflake. Stamped the snowflake images, in True Black, onto Shimmer White die cut cardstock squares.
Arranged and attached the squares to a white card base (measuring 3 3/4" X 5 1/2") using dimensional adhesive. Stamped the card base with a sentiment (also from Take Three: Winter) in Enchanted Evening and embellished each flake with blue rhinestones. A super simple creation, but the simmer really makes the card!
Isn't that flourish image just stunning! Stamped one image onto three die cut white squares in Simply Chartreuse. Attached them, using dimensional adhesive, to a piece of white cardstock which had been adhered to a Fine Linen card base. Die cut a border from Lavender Moon cardstock and attached it to the bottom of the card, using dimensional adhesive, just under the bottom square. Stamped a sentiment in Lavender Moon and finished it off with a hand rolled Lavender Moon flower.

After seeing this fabulous tutorial on hand rolled flowers, I had to give it a try for my self. I added a little twist to my flowers by cutting the spiral using scalloped scissors. Here's how I created mine...
Punch a circle from cardstock. In this picture I have 1 3/4" & 2" punched circles to show you that different sized circles with give you different sized flowers. Using scalloped scissors cut outside diameter and then cut a spiral inside the punched circle.
Slightly bend back the scalloped edges. Then, starting from the outside point of the spiral, roll the end inward. Keep rolling and bending the scalloped edges out until you reach the center if the spiral.
At this point you can make the flower as tight or as loose as you like. Once your happy with the look of your flower, turn over and cover base with adhesive (I used Glue Dots).
Use the spiral center to cover the adhesive and create a clean and finished look.
Now attach to your projects!

So their you have it! I hope you are as please with the projects as I am. Thanks to Alli for creating such an amazingly versatile stamp series. It's kind of sad to see this series come to an end. But now I have a very useful and gorgeous collection of images in my stamping arsenal that I can pull out and use again and again!

Now, for more Papertrey Ink countdown goodness stop by and see what these talented ladies have in store for you today:

Thanks for joining me today, have a great one!

Maile


Imagine, Wonder & Believe:

Joy To The World:

Greetings Of The Season:

Just A Note:

27 comments:

  1. Great project, Maile. Thanks so much for the flower tutorial. I'm definitely going to give it a try. I LOVE the take 3 image in white and red. It is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love all your cards! Gorgeous!! And that flower tutorial is fabulous, I am so going to try that. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe my favorite is the snowflakes card. But that little flower is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are all wonderful - love them! Thanks for the fun tutorial. -Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards TOTALLY put this set in my cart. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely inchie cards and beautiful color combinations...thanks for the paper rose technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are absolutely STUNNING! I will be stealing some of these ideas for my own cards. I was already wanting this set, but now I MUST have it. I have been using shimmer cardstock lately too, and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome projects Maile! I love the color combos and the flower! EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. My. Stars!

    These are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! They are certainly on my CASE list! I think the glitter card is probably my favorite one of all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your cards shown are so pretty! I do like the snowflake image a lot. And thank you for the visual tutorial on making the paper flower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous! Your creativity is mind boggling. I've seen many of those flowers, but now after yours, must try my own. And to think I could now have a use for all those decorative scissors that have been gathering dust. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maile, "there you have it" is right. I absolutely love your style and that paper flower is adorable! I can't choose a favorite from all these project as they're all great! You're a great paper artist/enabler! ;) Thanks for sharing the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magnificent cards, Maile. Eash card is so pristine and exudes elegance. Thank you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful set! I adore your pink and green card, Maile. The die set is genius - so many uses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing how you made the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What gorgeous cards!! Love them all - and your cute little flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. every thing you make is perfect! I so haunt your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maile,
    Your cards are simply stunning.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maile -

    Your have a really wonderful gift for creating art. Your cards are just stunning. I am floored by them. Thank you for sharing with us.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous gorgeous cards!!Thanks for the eye candy of the day! Love your tutorial of paper flowers! I haven't had much success with them, looks like I have to try it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maile, you never cease to amaze me with your talent for making such beautiful cards! I love the Take Three and just adore the flower. Simply beautiful work:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very sweet... love the flowers and the little label end! (hugs!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous cards Maile, They are all so clean and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards! I especially like the grey one a LOT!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS