Saturday, November 13, 2010

Signature Series Showcase

Hello, and welcome to the final day of the Papertrey Ink countdown. Hope you all are enjoying everything so far! Today is the Papertrey Ink group day post #2 and this time around our focus is on the new Signature Series, designed by the fabulous Dawn McVey. For my projects I've chosen to work with my favorite image out of the bunch, Signature Series: Dress Form.Since I've been hooked on shimmer cardstock lately, I could help but pair it with this very fashionable dress form image. Cut two White Shimmer cardstock strips and attached them to a white card base.
Die cut a Mat Stack #1 from Sweet Blush cardstock, stamped it with a frame (from Mat Stack 1 Collection) in Smoky Shadow and a sentiment (also from Signature Series: Dress Form) in True Black. Then attached the Mat Stack to the card base with dimensional adhesive. Die cut the dress form from White Shimmer cardstock, stamped the image in True Black and attached it to the Mat Stack. Finished the card off with a little white silk bow, attached over the shoulder of the dress form.
Created a perfectly coordinating tag by die cutting a Mat Stack #1 from more White Shimmer cardstock, stamped it with the same frame image (in Sweet Blush) and another sentiment from Signature Series: Dress Form (in True Black). Punched a hole and strung Sweet Blush satin ribbon through (look here for instructions on how this was done).
To finish, I die cut the dress form twice from Sweet Blush cardstock. Stamped one with the dress form image in True Black. The other was trimmed and impressed with the Linen & Canvas Impression Plate. Adhered the two together, wrapped and tied with white silk ribbon and then attached to the tag.

That's it from me today. Now be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the Design Team has in store for you today:

Thanks for visiting, hope you have a great one!

Maile


Wishing You A Fabulous Day Card:

You Are A Treasure:

14 comments:

  1. The colors are so soft and the design is just lovely. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects! I love the delicate feminine feel of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That "You are a treasure" tag is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness...what a beautiful card and tag! Your work is fabulous, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say, I am always impressed with your creations! Now I can't wait until tomorrow, so I can buy this stamp set. Totally love your work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, soooooo pretty! simple yet stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous, Maile. Love how "girly" these look!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never cease to amaze me!! I now want the dress form set and die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous, Maile! I can't wait to set this set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the inspiration! Have been a fan of Papertrey for ages but don't usually pop by and comment I'm afraid!
    Have at last made an order and hope to have it in time for Christmas to keep me occupied :)
    Thanks again
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  11. pure elegance. gorgeous work, Maile!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS